Gtx 1060 3gb or 6gb?

Shall I get 3gb or 6gb version of the gtx 1060. I don't play games that require much vram, but I don't want performance to be lost due to lack of vram. Any advice would be helpful.

What game specifically? if you can get 6gb. If not maybe rx 480 4gb? better than 3gb 1060

RX 480 8GB.

i7 5930k - 32GB Gskill Trident 3200 - EVGA x99 FTW-K - RX 480 8GB Nitro Crossfire

28 minutes ago, A Damn Crab! said:

RX 480 8GB.

^^ This would be the best option.

If not, get the 6GB

3GB is NOT ENOUGH these days.

People were complaining about 3.5GB of VRAM on the 970, with some games using more than that and being slow. the 1060 is better than 970, and the 3GB model has LESS!! VRAM!?!? Absurd. Don't get that POS

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

35 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What game specifically? if you can get 6gb. If not maybe rx 480 4gb? better than 3gb 1060

I play low demand in vram games such as cs go and overwatch. But I do like to play survival games such as dayz and rust from time to time. Is the Rx 480 4gb better than the gtx 1060 6gb? 

9 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

^^ This would be the best option.

If not, get the 6GB

3GB is NOT ENOUGH these days.

People were complaining about 3.5GB of VRAM on the 970, with some games using more than that and being slow. the 1060 is better than 970, and the 3GB model has LESS!! VRAM!?!? Absurd. Don't get that POS

I have never got a card from radeon before, so I'm not sure how it will perform. Is the performance difference between the Rx 480 8gb and 1060 6gb a big gap ?