IT Problems

beanhubbleday

IT Problems  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Find a way around an IT problem VS Fix the IT problem

• Find a quick and easy way around it?
    • Fix the problem outright - even if it will take a long, confusing time?

Hey all,

I'm intrigued to know; would you rather find a quick and easy way to get around a problem within IT or would you rather fix it outright even if it takes ages to find and implement a solution?

Usually I'd find a quick way that I can implement multiple times but other times I do have to actually think O.o

I'm interested to hear everyone's opinions

- Jack

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]

22 minutes ago, JackHubbleday said:

Hey all,

I'm intrigued to know; would you rather find a quick and easy way to get around a problem within IT or would you rather fix it outright even if it takes ages to find and implement a solution?

Usually I'd find a quick way that I can implement multiple times but other times I do have to actually think O.o

I'm interested to hear everyone's opinions

- Jack

depends on the issue, if it needs to last or if it's needed back up and running asap and can be worked on later after it isn't need so badly

Yours faithfully

simple, first I would take the quick work around to make it seem solved to public/users and then in the meantime look for a way to solve it definitely.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Depends on the situation 

if the issue  is customer /  user facing, and people are going to be affected, a quick fix is required, followed by a in depth look to stop it happening again

if the issue is not customer / user facing then there is more time to go into detail for the long term fix 

If its a personal machine i take the time to fix it fully to ensure it wont happen again