Anyone interested in a basic room correction tutorial?

orangecat

I have a calibrated measurement microphone and I've been messing around with room correction for some time now and I'm thinking of making a basic tutorial for DSP/Room correction from your PC. If anyone is intrested I will make a post about it and show you guys how to do it.

^

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

2 hours ago, ShadySocks said:

It would be a nice contribution to the community :), however, I specifically probably won't use it.

Yea I might not do it if nobody is gonna actually take the time to try it out. I know you can find posts on google so maybe someone else not on the forum can use it but idk about that lol.

10 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Yep and APO EQ.

I would love it, but you would probably be wasting your time in these forums. These kids spend tons of money on video cards and there's like 5 to 10 threads a day for sub $100 speakers.

It's great that you're surveying your audience before spending time on it though. Good thinkin

What kind of speakers and amp are you running?

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

I would love it, but you would probably be wasting your time in these forums. These kids spend tons of money on video cards and there's like 5 to 10 threads a day for sub $100 speakers.

It's great that you're surveying your audience before spending time on it though. Good thinkin

What kind of speakers and amp are you running?

I have a pair of Fluance SX6's running off an AudioSource AMP 100 connected to an ODAC. I'm using my onboard RealTek ALC 892 to feed a line level signal to my Bic America F-12 so I can correct the sub separately from the speakers and leave the speaker output untouched. I could use a better amp but then again I rarely turn it up and I've never heard any hissing or audible distortion from it.