How many MS (or less than MS) of latency does a 10 foot DisplayPort cable add compared to a 6 foot?

Michael Rahmani

I just bought a 10 foot Displayport cable for my 144hz monitor and now I am worried about the latency it will add. 

Just now, PCMR Ricos said:

Why in first place you would get a 10foot cable?

The store didn't have any 6 feet cables left in stock and 3 feet was too small.

Just now, Michael Rahmani said:

The store didn't have any 6 feet cables left in stock and 3 feet was too small.

Where do you live?

Btw eBay could be the answer

well, depends on the velocity factor of the cable you're using. use that number to divide by the speed of light in a vacuum, and calculate how long it takes for the calibrated velocity of light through the cable to travel 2 feet.

Just so you understand, this will be a purely academic discussion as the facts will plainly be evident. it will be to the -n'th power in fractional seconds.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

It will add latency that is only measurable with equipment that is at least 3000 times the price of that cable.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

well, depends on the velocity factor of the cable you're using.

Just so you understand, this will be a purely academic discussion as the facts will plainly be evident. it will be to the n'th power in fractional seconds.

Yeah that's more like, would it take 200 or 250 kilometers of cable to add one millisecond of latency.

The data is being transferred at the speed of light (copper) and 70% of spped of light (fiber)

Summary: doesnt matter