LTT gaming servers?

Go to solution Solved by nicklmg,

Moderation would be too significant if we were to host our own servers. We would want to make sure that everyone on there had a positive experience with the community at large, and there's just no real (feasible) way for us to ensure that that happens without putting in significant manhours for, quite frankly, a pretty small benefit. There are already ways for members to get in contact with each other (forum, unofficial Discord, etc.) and set up games.

If the mods would allow it I think a thread to post community-hosted servers would be a good option to discuss, but that is not anywhere close to my area of expertise - I defer to the mods completely on whether something like that fits our community guidelines/would be allowed.

Also, I've hidden all of your long posts but please don't continue to do that in the future. It's extremely annoying and absolutely pointless.

1 hour ago, Hafun said:

I think idea is good. The problem is - who will do that? Someone must see "business" (money) in hosting these servers. If it will be game that I'm rly into I will probably try as much as I can to help.

We will see... Somebody who is "higher" than normal users have to consider making this

I'm sure plenty of forum users have servers just idling around the world. I had to code a database to keep track of them all. :D

-KuJoe

22 hours ago, KuJoe said:

What kind of servers are you looking for? I have a lot of servers idling in different data centers so I'd be happy to spin up some game servers for LTT if there's a big enough demand for them. I already host some game servers for Twitch streamers I like. :D

if youd set up a nice powerful Space Engineers server , idlove that

(pm me if you need details on what that is and so on )

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

33 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

I'm sure plenty of forum users have servers just idling around the world. I had to code a database to keep track of them all. :D

I don't know if i get it right. Can u explain a bit?

Btw. Maybe we should create projects (what we need, what we can give to LTT etc.) or actual game servers. Maybe then they will be featured in community.

IF U SEE MISTAKES IN MY POSTS - JUST TELL ME. I RLY WANT TO BECOME BETTER IN ENGLISH! 

Thank you for understanding! Have a nice day!

X99 buid: (under construction) [OWN] / [DON'T OWN]
CPU:I7 5820k GPU:ASUS GTX 660 2GB [Goal is GTX980ti] RAM:G.Skill Ripjavs4 16Gb (4x4 [Goal is 32Gb]) MOBO:Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5p Case:FD Define XL (rev.1)

990FX build: (sold)
CPU:AMD FX 6300 GPU:ASUS GTX 660 2GB RAM:Corsair Vengence 8GB (2x4Gb) MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Case:Zalman Z3 PLUS

Peripherials:
Keyboard:Razer Arctosa Mouse:Razer Naga 2012 Headset:Logitech G35 Headphones:Sennheiser HD 558 Earphones:Razer Hammerhead Mic:Novox NC-1 Monitor:Syncmaster TA350

2 hours ago, Hafun said:

I don't know if i get it right. Can u explain a bit?

Btw. Maybe we should create projects (what we need, what we can give to LTT etc.) or actual game servers. Maybe then they will be featured in community.

That was kind of the point

-pieroPiero

i like trains 🙂