Video Driver Issue, ASUS VivoBook E403SA

Go to solution Solved by Cthulhu Calamari,

After uninstalling the current graphics driver and restarting, the computer now accepts the most recent driver through the regular Setup.exe; I'll see how it works through a full day of work tomorrow.

Cheers

The ASUS VivoBook (running 64-bit Win 10) I got for class has an issue where the screen cuts out when using and/or switching between programs. It's not 100% of the time, but the programs that seem the most effected are Microsoft's Word & OneNote, and Chrome (which, incidentally, are the programs I have to use the most). A video of the issue is posted here (the initial switches between the desktop and blackness is me Alt+Tabin' between Chrome and the Device Manager). A shorter one of it freaking out at a more rapid rate in class is here.

Because it only happens when switching programs, and not when physically opening/closing it, or typing with abnormal force, I think it's just a software issue. There is a more recent driver on the product page (V20.19.15.4531), but the Setup executable is rejected with the "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer" message.

I found a post for bypassing this on the Steam forums. I wanted to double check here that manually installing through the "Have Disk" button, and executing the "igdlh64" file (highlighted in the attached pic) won't brick my computer (which I can't send out for RMA because I need it for an exam on the 10th - yes, a Saturday exam - which is 100% of the grade for a grad-requirement course)...

2016-12-04 17.13.21.jpg

After uninstalling the current graphics driver and restarting, the computer now accepts the most recent driver through the regular Setup.exe; I'll see how it works through a full day of work tomorrow.

Cheers