msi x99a gaming pro carbon vs asus rog strix x99 gaming vs asus x99 deluxe ii

Hi there

I am looking for a x99 motherboard for gaming, video editing etc... I am stuck between these three boards (msi x99a gaming pro carbon, asus rog strix x99 gaming &asus x99 deluxe ii). Which one should I choose? I will be watercooling and would like to overclock as much as possible.

Personally I'd go Strix, but the Deluxe is very good as well. Depends on which one you like better in terms of looks, and I believe both ace M.2 so they both could support that eventually.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

15 minutes ago, Alex Middleton said:

Hi there

I am looking for a x99 motherboard for gaming, video editing etc... I am stuck between these three boards (msi x99a gaming pro carbon, asus rog strix x99 gaming &asus x99 deluxe ii). Which one should I choose? I will be watercooling and would like to overclock as much as possible.

If you want to overclock and really push things like CPU clock speed as well as CPU cache speed, you'll want to stick with an Asus board.  They have mastered cache overclocking.  Memory topology on Asus boards is better as well.  

MSI leaves something to be desire as far as power delivery quality, but they do make good looking boards.

My vote is the Asus x99 Deluxe II.  I have the first version and have had nothing, but a great experience, especially in the area of overclocking.