Project Tank RC

Hi guys, I want to start project but I'm new in robotics (let's call this robotics) and I don't know where to start. I want to build functional model (realistic) of a tank. I want it to be as smallest as it can be. 1/6, 1/8 or less. I don't know what parts to used I know that I need a motor for moving tracks and one servo for a turret (top of the tank) but for main unit I don't want to spend a lot of money and I think Rpi 3 or 2 will be the best and I want video stream so I need camera but very small and wifi antena(question about wifi antena I want to know is there antena that looks like stiff but thin wire so it looks like radio antena of a tenk, or a very small one for inside of a tank). Where can I find a small camera because I don't want to buy one, what parts do I need and what size will it be, how many engines do I need to use and how many batteries or battery banks. Probably I will use wood for top and armor of a tank but I want to know how to make tracks.

Thanks guys! Help please!

P.S I am pretty sure that I want to copy one of theese tanks: T 34, Panzer Tiger I, King Tiger can get sugestions about tanks because I want good looking.

K you're not going to want a pi for your control system, you want just a normal rc system. For the video, no WiFi. You're going to have to use an fpv solution like on miniquads. Basically a low resolution camera sends an analog video signal to an analog 5.8ghz transmitter and sends it to a receiver where the signal is decoded and output to your display. This setup is very low latency, 10ms or less if you have a good enough camera. 

ASU

16 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

K you're not going to want a pi for your control system, you want just a normal rc system. For the video, no WiFi. You're going to have to use an fpv solution like on miniquads. Basically a low resolution camera sends an analog video signal to an analog 5.8ghz transmitter and sends it to a receiver where the signal is decoded and output to your display. This setup is very low latency, 10ms or less if you have a good enough camera. 

fpv camera is small and it would really fit like perfect. But for video streaming I am noob there and will the transmitter be cheaper than raspberry (raspberry already has wifi and a lot of free connections and that is the reason why it looks perfect to me for the job). And can you tell me more about Rc motors.  Explaine to me better I am noob :)

1 hour ago, begadelavela said:

fpv camera is small and it would really fit like perfect. But for video streaming I am noob there and will the transmitter be cheaper than raspberry (raspberry already has wifi and a lot of free connections and that is the reason why it looks perfect to me for the job). And can you tell me more about Rc motors.  Explaine to me better I am noob :)

Well a lot of them are designed for high performance applications. Not what you would need for a tank. 

ASU

18 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Well a lot of them are designed for high performance applications. Not what you would need for a tank. 

what, rc motors or transmitter?

16 minutes ago, begadelavela said:

what, rc motors or transmitter?

Sorry, should've specified. Motors. 

ASU

4 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

So if I don't need high perfomance motors where can I find them. I don't need high speed it is a tank, but I need some torque.

36 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I want 1:32 scale so it will be about 20 cm long so I don't want a big motor and do what ARM will I use because I can control it with controler, but is it cheaper to control from PC.

4 hours ago, begadelavela said:

So if I don't need high perfomance motors where can I find them. I don't need high speed it is a tank, but I need some torque.

4 hours ago, begadelavela said:

I want 1:32 scale so it will be about 20 cm long so I don't want a big motor and do what ARM will I use because I can control it with controler, but is it cheaper to control from PC.

Hobbyking is your friend here. 

ASU