Only SSD showing up! HELP!

Dmonster

I ended up not needing to get a new hard drive. For some reason my 1 tb hard drive was set as a data pool. I removed the pool, and there it was in disc management! I allocated the space and it works properly 

On December 4, 2016 at 2:30 AM, dorkiusmx said:

Anytime, post back the results. Wish you the best. 

Very nice, glad you were able to fix it. How did you figure it out or notice that it was set up as pool?

I went to storage spaces and saw the pool was in effect. It said 930 ish gb. I knew that must be the hard drive. I went to edit the settis which took a while to load. I deleted the drive from the pool, went to disk management and allocated the space. I knew the drive had to have been working because the bios and Windows indicated so. 

11 hours ago, dorkiusmx said:

Very nice, glad you were able to fix it. How did you figure it out or notice that it was set up as pool?

11 hours ago, Dmonster said:

I went to storage spaces and saw the pool was in effect. It said 930 ish gb. I knew that must be the hard drive. I went to edit the settis which took a while to load. I deleted the drive from the pool, went to disk management and allocated the space. I knew the drive had to have been working because the bios and Windows indicated so. 

Nice, it is weird that it was allocated to the pool data. But glad you got it working.