wierd issue ive had for the past 2-3months

froller22
Just now, froller22 said:

ran memtest when my new rame came , and i had it running for 20hours with no errors

Try again, but I want to know the Timings

2 minutes ago, cayphed said:

Try again, but I want to know the Timings

doubts its the ram, as ive gone through 2 pairs 

11 hours ago, froller22 said:

doubts its the ram, as ive gone through 2 pairs 

Just the other day at work, there was a laptop in for service, Windows was being really weird, which is strange as the client was a regular and is fairly competent with their device and wouldn't have done anything to compromise Windows or the laptop, spent ages debugging and trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

After a while I ran MemTest and noticed something odd, although it was passing the test, the BCLK was more than double what it should be, the timings were wrong, the specified speed was wrong and the frequency was crazy wrong.
MemTest reads at a hardware level and the BIOS said everything was running stock, so I tried different sticks of RAM and even a different CPU, only to find this getting worse, what it was showing me is the board was dying in a fantastic fashion, see the picture for your self.

I was merely trying to eliminate the same issue with yours.

DSC_0002_8 - Copy.JPG

8 hours ago, cayphed said:

Just the other day at work, there was a laptop in for service, Windows was being really weird, which is strange as the client was a regular and is fairly competent with their device and wouldn't have done anything to compromise Windows or the laptop, spent ages debugging and trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

After a while I ran MemTest and noticed something odd, although it was passing the test, the BCLK was more than double what it should be, the timings were wrong, the specified speed was wrong and the frequency was crazy wrong.
MemTest reads at a hardware level and the BIOS said everything was running stock, so I tried different sticks of RAM and even a different CPU, only to find this getting worse, what it was showing me is the board was dying in a fantastic fashion, see the picture for your self.

I was merely trying to eliminate the same issue with yours.

DSC_0002_8 - Copy.JPG

2016_-_1_(1).jpg

Can you run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool? <win key> + <R>, dxdiag

13 hours ago, cayphed said:

Can you run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool? <win key> + <R>, dxdiag

DxDiag.txt

Couple of conflicts in there, remove one monitor and see if that helps, also, try and find a setting in the BIOS to disable shared memory, or have the dGPU as primary.

Let me know how you go.

17 hours ago, cayphed said:

Couple of conflicts in there, remove one monitor and see if that helps, also, try and find a setting in the BIOS to disable shared memory, or have the dGPU as primary.

Let me know how you go.

the shared mem couldnt be disabled, and tried with one monitor and it happend again

7 hours ago, froller22 said:

the shared mem couldnt be disabled, and tried with one monitor and it happend again

Ok, unplug the lower res monitor, grab this uninstaller http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/display_driver_uninstaller.html and this wqhl nvidia driver http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/112201/en-us (you may want to find a more preferred one for your home language, in which case insure it is a "wqhl")

Save both to the desktop (so you can find them once the display res goes crazy) run the unistaller (with restart) remove both the intel and nvidia drivers (AMD common files may be in there) (it might take two separate goes, please select restart each time), once done, run the freshly downloaded driver, if problems persist we'll look else where.

Just now, cayphed said:

Check the health of your SSD too, http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html (use this tool as crystal disk has reported an error with loosing data on samsung's)

mate ive done all of those things already multiple times at that.

with multiple drives and graphics cards, thats why i think it either the psu,mobo or cpu.. or that game  

https://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/comments/3c1urb/when_i_exit_rust_i_cant_open_any_other_program/

https://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/comments/3ep2rb/pc_stuck_logging_off_after_playing_rust/?compact=true

http://steamcommunity.com/app/252490/discussions/4/276237094305673491/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/252490/discussions/4/152390014797486814/

Didn't realise it was just Rust? 

On 04/12/2016 at 9:56 AM, froller22 said:

o for the past 2-3 months ive had this issue where windows 10 would freeze/hang and i couldnt open programs, i could open the sidemenu and click turn off pc but it would just be turning on for hours and would require a hard reset. ive tried multiple things such as reinstalling windows via the settings menu, and via a thumbdrive, neither have fixed it though. ive upgraded my 680 to a 970 then to a 1060 still didnt help. my 120gb ssd to a 250gb ssd.. didnt work either. and my 8gig ram to a set of new 16gb ram so what do i do now? the temps on my system is fine even under heavy load

I thought it was the Windows install in general, or is it elsewhere?

50 minutes ago, cayphed said:

Didn't realise it was just Rust? 

I thought it was the Windows install in general, or is it elsewhere?

only had it happen when i was either exiting rust or opening it, even did a 30hour wow marathon just to check there

even though i fell asleep after 12 and woke up to the wow character menu

ran valley benchmark for aprox 4 hours no issues what so ever.

9 hours ago, cayphed said:

So is it still happening?

happend when i played rust some days ago, but been playing wow n bf1 so i havent had the issue

I'm beginning to think it is just a driver issue that may have been rectified in an update.

19 hours ago, cayphed said:

I'm beginning to think it is just a driver issue that may have been rectified in an update.

but then why does it only act up with rust

Message the Dev's, let them know that your experiencing the bug, it's info that's needed to help move it out of early access.

21 hours ago, cayphed said:

Message the Dev's, let them know that your experiencing the bug, it's info that's needed to help move it out of early access.

ah yea ive done that multiple times, but the devs really only answer/get back to you if you either make a reddit thread with 200+ votes or if your a succesful youtuber

16 minutes ago, froller22 said:

ah yea ive done that multiple times, but the devs really only answer/get back to you if you either make a reddit thread with 200+ votes or if your a succesful youtuber

Keep at em', or try getting in touch with a youtuber that streams rust.

3 hours ago, cayphed said:

Keep at em', or try getting in touch with a youtuber that streams rust.

keep trying but aint touching that game til ive heard something from devs, cant be asked to force boot my pc for a 10 pound game