Voltage being limited when I change base clock, help!

Hey it's getting cold again so I wanted to push this little i3 6100.

I am on an Asrock Pro4s Z170M, bios version L2.23 (I think it is the last version to support bus increases on locked chips without the multiplier getting killed)

Super frustrating, I can increase voltage at stock speeds as much as I want to. I have been doing that to find my comfortable temp limits before the sensor stops reading after increasing bus speed. Basically, I run benchmarks at stock speeds but over-volted to get an idea of what temps will look like once I bump up clocks and the sensor becomes unreadable if that makes sense.

Problem is, once I touch the base clock the max voltage caps at ~+100mv or 1.20V, wtf? Has anyone experienced this before? No difference in CPUz's shown voltage from +100mv to even +250mv if the base clock is above 100MHz

Current/power limits are all disabled, as well as Cstates and anything that looks like it might interfere with an OC, but nothing seems to allow me to increase the voltage beyond 1.2V once the bus is past stock 100MHz. Again, at stock base clock, the offset works as expected and only caps voltage once the base clock is increased past 100MHz.

Anyone know what is going on? Is there a different bios version anyone is using to successfully unlock voltage and base clock on a locked chip with an asrock z170?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!