overclocking help

hello there i'm looking for some overclocking advice.so i have an fx8350 running at stock speed and i have read my mobo is not the best for overclocking its an asus m5a78-m usb 3.That said i also have a cooler master nepton aio watercooler installed and my temps under full load are around 55c. and a cool 11c idle.while i plan to upgrade the mobo in the future is there any room for a little overclock now?and if so what speed should i aim for roughly?full system specs  are as follows.thanks

cpu amd fx8350

mobo  asus m5a78l-m usb 3

psu cooler master G650M (650 watt)

gpu |KFA2 gtx 1070ex (dual fan)

ram  16gb hyperx fury 1600mhz

cpu cooler  coolermaster nepton xl 120mm dual fan radiator 

storage  500gb ssd and 1tb hdd

case bitfinix prodigy m with 4x120mm case fans

5 minutes ago, weedstem said:

hello there i'm looking for some overclocking advice.so i have an fx8350 running at stock speed and i have read my mobo is not the best for overclocking its an asus m5a78-m usb 3.That said i also have a cooler master nepton aio watercooler installed and my temps under full load are around 55c. and a cool 11c idle.while i plan to upgrade the mobo in the future is there any room for a little overclock now?and if so what speed should i aim for roughly?full system specs  are as follows.thanks

cpu amd fx8350

mobo  asus m5a78l-m usb 3

psu cooler master G650M (650 watt)

gpu |KFA2 gtx 1070ex (dual fan)

ram  16gb hyperx fury 1600mhz

cpu cooler  coolermaster nepton xl 120mm dual fan radiator 

storage  500gb ssd and 1tb hdd

case bitfinix prodigy m with 4x120mm case fans

I think you have a bad sensor...... Unless ur room is like  0c

its below freezing here at the moment and my house is very old and cold inside

1 minute ago, weedstem said:

its below freezing here at the moment and my house is very old and cold inside

How do you live lol.... for ur chip to be 11 ur house would have to be like 5. The simple rule to overclocking is go slow aND take it step slowing adding voltage and clock speed..... keeping ur voltage out of the blue zone... well purple. what's ur bare clock?

Few problems

1. Your motherboard doesn't have VRM cooling

2. The motherboard only supports up to 140w TDP CPUs, the 8350 is a 125W TDP. 15W isn't a ton of head room + No VRM Cooling? Ya erm, I wouldn't trust it.

3. Don't waste your money on a new motherboard. You should really focus on upgrading your CPU soon as your CPU is a significant bottleneck to a GTX 1070. The GTX 1070 even bottlenecks an i5-6600k under a good amount of circumstances. Don't spend money on a new motherboard that will give you minimal increases in performance, save the $100 or so that you would spend on the mobo and put it away to get a AM4 motherboard. +$40-$70 on 8-16GBs of RAM + another say mid-end Zen CPU Sr5 at roughly $200-$250. Unless skylake drops a ton of price, you could also get that.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)