help with graphics cards

Removing the actual cooling mechanism isn't a good idea, but I would imagine that removing just the case would simply interfere with airflow.

Computers r fun

But why do you want to take the shroud off?

I'm fairly sure the blower is on the shroud on those cards, so it wouldn't be a good idea unless you want no active cooling on them.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Removing the actual cooling mechanism isn't a good idea, but I would imagine that removing just the case would simply interfere with airflow.

would it be a good idea to remove it to clean the inside then put it all back/

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Why? Are you getting bad temps?

on watch dogs 2 both are about 80c i keep getting random pc shut downs so im wondering if they are overheating

Just now, rawrturkey said:

Removing just to clean the card, then putting back on would be fine.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, rawrturkey said:

Are you just trying to clean the Cards?

If you remove the shrowds, and the blowers, I believe you would have to re-apply the thermal paste.

Computers r fun

1 minute ago, rawrturkey said:

on watch dogs 2 both are about 80c i keep getting random pc shut downs so im wondering if they are overheating

Nah, they would thermal throttle, but that wouldn't shut down the entire computter. Specs? How old is the machine?

Computers r fun

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

But why do you want to take the shroud off?

they are getting hot so was thinking it would keep them cooler

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

If you remove the shrowds, and the blowers, I believe you would have to re-apply the thermal paste.

Thats only if he was to remove the heatsink too, which shouldnt be needed for cleaning unless doing a thorough clean

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

i got some laying around  so might just clean and replace thermal paste

Removing for cleaning is encouraged. Removing and running the system that way is totally not the way to do it. 80c is OK for a gpu and that shouldn't be causing crashes. The crashes are likely being caused by something else.

When in doubt, re-format.

2 minutes ago, rawrturkey said:

Are you getting any error messages? Is anything overclocked? If they were overheating they would thermal throttle but not cause the computer to shut off. Maybe at 105c...

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

1 minute ago, Daveeede said:

Are you getting any error messages? Is anything overclocked? If they were overheating they would thermal throttle but not cause the computer to shut off. Maybe at 105c...

only error i get is kernal power in system viewer it only started doing it recently i've been running my system for over a year

1 minute ago, rawrturkey said:

only error i get is kernal power in system viewer it only started doing it recently i've been running my system for over a year

Check your PSU mate. What are you using?

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

Check your PSU mate. What are you using?

Novatech 850W Power Station V2