Integrated Network Driver Help?

Hey guys!

So, yesterday I got my PC Parts from Newegg (Hooray!) and I got straight into upgrading my prebuilt HP Pavilion 500-164. I bought a GTX 1050, a Power Supply upgrade from a 300W generic PSU to 430W from EVGA, a new case, and a CPU cooler which I never ended up using due to its huge size (Hyper 212 EVO looks way bigger in person-- and taller too!).

Anyway, I finished putting all the wires in making sure I didn't miss anything, and put everything in. The PC posted and booted up fine, but one small issue popped up again: my WiFi doesn't detect anymore. I try to find signals but my network shows nothing, and the troubleshooter says I should set some old networks as default. When I opened Device Manager, and looked at the network drivers. For some reason, there were many drivers called "Wan Miniport" or whatever? (I'm assuming the other 2 were just normal Qualcomm Atheros drivers). None of my drivers have a yellow triangle so far, and yet the WiFi still doesn't work! Any help? I use this computer fairly heavily towards networks for school, so I want to fix this ASAP! Thank you in advance for all the help you provide!

In case no one understands yet, this driver is in my motherboard and should work fine, which is why I posted this in the motherboard section of the community. I will also put this in the network help.

24 minutes ago, ItalianBreadP said:

Hey guys!

So, yesterday I got my PC Parts from Newegg (Hooray!) and I got straight into upgrading my prebuilt HP Pavilion 500-164. I bought a GTX 1050, a Power Supply upgrade from a 300W generic PSU to 430W from EVGA, a new case, and a CPU cooler which I never ended up using due to its huge size (Hyper 212 EVO looks way bigger in person-- and taller too!).

Anyway, I finished putting all the wires in making sure I didn't miss anything, and put everything in. The PC posted and booted up fine, but one small issue popped up again: my WiFi doesn't detect anymore. I try to find signals but my network shows nothing, and the troubleshooter says I should set some old networks as default. When I opened Device Manager, and looked at the network drivers. For some reason, there were many drivers called "Wan Miniport" or whatever? (I'm assuming the other 2 were just normal Qualcomm Atheros drivers). None of my drivers have a yellow triangle so far, and yet the WiFi still doesn't work! Any help? I use this computer fairly heavily towards networks for school, so I want to fix this ASAP! Thank you in advance for all the help you provide!

The "driver" is just software.  Regardless, just remove all of your known networks and reconnect back to the one you want.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

How did you use wifi in the past? Is it a USB adapter thing? I don't think I understand. I'm guessing its not plugged in.

Computers r fun

38 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

How did you use wifi in the past? Is it a USB adapter thing? I don't think I understand. I'm guessing its not plugged in.

It's integrated in the motherboard, and I've used it for over a year now

40 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

The "driver" is just software.  Regardless, just remove all of your known networks and reconnect back to the one you want.

But the problem is I can't find any networks at all

17 minutes ago, ItalianBreadP said:

Correct, you you don't have the drivers for the device, so you will have no ability to utilize the features of said device (The wifi card).

You will need to install the drivers

They will likely be on the disk that came with the motherboard, if you can get internet another way, they should also be on the motherboards website. You probably already know but wired connections are far superior to wireless.

Computers r fun

1 hour ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Correct, you you don't have the drivers for the device, so you will have no ability to utilize the features of said device (The wifi card).

They will likely be on the disk that came with the motherboard, if you can get internet another way, they should also be on the motherboards website. You probably already know but wired connections are far superior to wireless.

Yeah, I'll have to check MSI's website because I definitely don't have the disk for an MS-7778 ver 1.0 mobo. I can't have Ethernet because the actual modem is downstairs. Does Ethernet work through the Ethernet outlets you find in every room or are those just for phones?

3 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Oh yeah, and sorry if I'm late on this, but this is a prebuilt that I've used before, so the driver should already be installed, right?

9 hours ago, ItalianBreadP said:

them just add the network back.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

17 hours ago, ItalianBreadP said:

Yeah, I'll have to check MSI's website because I definitely don't have the disk for an MS-7778 ver 1.0 mobo. I can't have Ethernet because the actual modem is downstairs. Does Ethernet work through the Ethernet outlets you find in every room or are those just for phones?

Ethernet is a protocol that uses Cat5e cables. If cat5e cable is wired throughout your building, and one side is connected to the router, then connecting your computer to it will be plugging it into the router. Wired connections are more reliable, and faster.

Computers r fun

On 12/2/2016 at 5:08 AM, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Ethernet is a protocol that uses Cat5e cables. If cat5e cable is wired throughout your building, and one side is connected to the router, then connecting your computer to it will be plugging it into the router. Wired connections are more reliable, and faster.

Ah, okay. Awesome! I'll grab an Ethernet cable from my dad's office and give it a go. Thanks!