Temp Questions 5820K

Go to solution Solved by done12many2,
Just now, wolfboytech said:

I would be very grateful, senpai, please teach me the ways of not cooking my computer

Why don't we start by having you clear your CMOS so we can start with fresh settings?

1 minute ago, Ctown0812 said:

I think the point he was trying to make is that you shouldn't mess around with settings if your not sure what they actually do.  You need to read your manual, or go online to find a guide to make sure your tweaking the ritght settings.

It's one button. If they didn't want me to click it, why did they enable it? I know how to OC, I just don't know all the numbers and I don't know the tolerances of the chip or the mobo, thus why I asked for help here.. That's what I thought this community was for?

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

You should probably slow down so we can cover a few things before you go any further.

I would be very grateful, senpai, please teach me the ways of not cooking my computer

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

Just now, wolfboytech said:

Why don't we start by having you clear your CMOS so we can start with fresh settings?

2 minutes ago, wolfboytech said:

It's one button. If they didn't want me to click it, why did they enable it? I know how to OC, I just don't know all the numbers and I don't know the tolerances of the chip or the mobo, thus why I asked for help here.. That's what I thought this community was for?

I was referring to the fact you were tweaking the wrong voltage settings.

40 minutes ago, wolfboytech said:

so I upped the voltage to 1.68 and now it's stable

Look, i'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just don't want to see you ruin your hardware (expensive hardware, at that) over something easily avoidable.  You asked for help, and thats exactly what you got.   

To all those who are asking and telling me that I've screwed up: Thank you for the advice. I have taken the advice of @done12many2 and will be working with them off of this thread to settle this.

I am thankful for everything that everyone here has offered and I hope that you all have a great day.