Smallest and cheapest build possible with recycled HW

The Idea:

I have some hardware around and don´t use it. So I want to build a small computer for the living room.

I want it as tiny as possible and i want to use the parts i already have. 

Note: I live in germany, so my pricing is in Euro € 

Parts I have:

Spoiler

Cooler: Noctua NHD14

GPU: GTX- 980 Strix

RAM: Random 16Gb DDR3 Ram 

Parts I need:

Spoiler

Case 

CPU  

PSU

Mainboard

Thoughts and ideas I have:

Spoiler

Case:

I tent to get the " Kolink Satellite Mini-ITX"  for 32€. It seems to be the only case that small, that fits the Strix and the Noctua cooler. I already spinned my head around the DAN-Case (Daniel the inventor) of the case even lifes in my city. But 200€ is waaaay to much for a case. 

PSU:

With the kolink case i would go for any cheap and solid quiet one that fits. 

CPU:

I tent to get an Athlon x4 880K. Because 4 cores and 80€

OR i3-6100. But it will cost 20 bucks more and the 880K has a higher score (Passmark). But i could easily upgrade on a i5 or i7 with a 1151 Board.

But I need to buy DDR4 Ram with the Skylake chip..... 

Oh and i know that a "cheap" CPU will bottleneck the 980 but i don´t care.

Mainboard: 

I don´t care. Any board with pcie Lane and 3.0 internal header will do the job. No wifi needed.

- If in doubt,        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you want cheapest pc and have a 980... but you dont care about bottlenecking... dude sell the fkin 980 and buy a 960 or something like that if you dont care about performance anyway

1 minute ago, DaBeggad said:

you want cheapest pc and have a 980... but you dont care about bottlenecking... dude sell the fkin 980 and buy a 960 or something like that if you dont care about performance anyway

Nah I don´t want the cheapest. I want to keep the HW i have and make use of them in a new Build. i wan´t to start with the smallest expand. Maybe I won´t use the PC a lot.

I don´t want to sell the 980 used for a low price and get a 960 new. :(

And the GPU is not the point here.  

5 minutes ago, Super1337victim said:

Nah I don´t want the cheapest. I want to keep the HW i have and make use of them in a new Build. i wan´t to start with the smallest expand. Maybe I won´t use the PC a lot.

i would say go for the i3.... a thermaltake core v1 and a Asrock H110M-DGS/D3 S1151 mATX Intel H110 DDR3 ... all on amazon

16 minutes ago, DaBeggad said:

i would say go for the i3.... a thermaltake core v1 and a Asrock H110M-DGS/D3 S1151 mATX Intel H110 DDR3 ... all on amazon

The case looks promising. Going for  1151 board with ddr3 support is a great idea. Thanks a lot :) 

22 minutes ago, Super1337victim said:

Selling the GTX 980 really doesn't make much sense especially with the $ losses of selling used hardware, I believe the i3 6100 on a mATX H110m would give you the best decent performance result, a Xigmatek Calibre 600W XCP-A600 80PLUS is a an extremely cheap PSU that would still handle the system well enough, for case find any that fits your taste and the hardware.

Now if you still want like the smallest rig possible the right way to go would be a 

ASRock Intel LGA 1151 Mini-ITX H110M-ITX DDR4, in a Zalman ZM-M1 Case it would be very small but there would be RAM issue since you'd have to go for DDR4, but considering this would improve greatly your future proof already going with a DDR4 maybe it's worth considering, this machine could be futurely upgraded and will work as a "high end" console you can place besides the television and have a xbox controller connected to it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

8 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Selling the GTX 980 really doesn't make much sense especially with the $ losses of selling used hardware, I believe the i3 6100 on a mATX H110m would give you the best decent performance result, a Xigmatek Calibre 600W XCP-A600 80PLUS is a an extremely cheap PSU that would still handle the system well enough, for case find any that fits your taste and the hardware.

Exactly what i thought with selling hardware and buying "lower end" with the money. 

With the idea of using DDR3 on a 1151 board I found the  ASUS H170I-Plus D3 . SO i can keep the DDR3 Ram. Use a skylake chip and will stay with Mini-ITX.

Case and powersupply will be no hastle to find now. 

15 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

..., this machine could be futurely upgraded and will work as a "high end" console you can place besides the television and have a xbox controller connected to it.

I hope this will be the future szenario for it.

Thank you guys, for your time and help. 

@Super1337victim The Mobo does seems very promising and I do agree with it, nonethless keep in mind that Skylake is supposed to work with low voltage DDR3, if your sticks are 1.5v it will still work but it can reduce the CPU life, but if that is the case you can always try through BIOS reduce the voltage to 1.2-1.35v which will do the trick.

cheers!

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I'd suggest a Corsair 250D or CM Elite 130 for the case.

PSU: CX550M

To re-use the DDR3 RAM go for the X4 880K or some form of Intel Haswell i3, such as the i3-4170.

Motherboard - any ITX motherboard that suits the CPU.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD