Nvidia G-Sync Licensing

kuddlesworth9419

You make it sound like nVidia refuse to make it available to AMD, which is not the case.

It's more like "we haven't fully decided, at the same time it's highly unlikely AMD will come to use asking for licence".

AMD might push for a standard method, like they did with 3D. (although AMD's HD3d is a fail now because the current HDMI spec is crappy).  Get Sony and MS onboard with their consoles... and maybe intel.

Additionally, The TV, online video and game industry needs to make it a standard because all can benefit.  With the increase game and video resolution, variable refresh rate will help reduce bandwidth while maintaining quality.  Anyway, I digress.

This might turn ugly.

Consoles won't have anything to do with G-Sync. This gen anyway. I guess if when g-sync becomes a standard it will be implemented into AMD hardware however not yet. I also don't think AMD will be able to make their own version of G-Sync simply because it took Nvidia (I think) seven years to develope G-Sync. Nvidia has lots of money and AMD doesn't which doesn't help either. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

If nVidia doesn't license it to AMD and the team making radeonPRO can't make g-sync work with AMD cards, g-sync will not succeed, because for something to succeed you need it to be availible to everyone. If it does end up failing, I assure you someone will come out with somthing like it that does the same thing, but works with all GPUs.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE