Which Keyswitch?

The_Denks

For a first time mechanical keyboard, red or blue switches?

I want a slight click, but I don't want it to be ridiculously loud

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

I'm no Linus on mechanical keyboards, but apparently browns are the way to go if you want the slight click

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/sampler-kit/wasd-6-key-cherry-mx-switch-tester.html

Buy one of those(there's others elsewhere that are cheaper) to figure out what works.

So when you look for a keyboard, you already know how the switch works, feels and its loudness. May save a return later on, if you don't like the switch.

The little rubber bands are to dampen the click, may help with noise(can't remember if it does or not)

I love browns, both for gaming and typing.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I recommend buying a switch tester. lets you try out a couple of switches to see which is right for you. However it won't exactly simulate the experience of using a keyboard with a particular switch, nor does it simulate long-term use of that switch. But a switch tester is a good indicator.