Need help with fan setup!

AH64ACE

The following parts are to be delivered next week:

Phanteks P400 Case (comes with 1 front and 1 rear 120mm fan)

MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X

Intel Core i5-6600K

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000

(2) Phanteks PH-F140SP 140mm Premier Case Fans

Intel SSD 600p Series (256GB, M.2 2280 80mm NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4

CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler

EVGA 650 BQ 110-BQ-0650-V1 80+ BRONZE 650W Semi Modular PSU

I ordered the case without the fan controller because I wanted to software control the fans anyway. The case comes with two 120mm fans, 1 in front and 1 in rear. I want to put the two 140mm fans in front and 1 120mm in the back and 1 120mm in the top. I have two 4 pin Y splitters just in case. The CPU cooler will be plugged into the CPU1 header and I still have CPU2 header available along with 3 other system 4 pin headers. Would it be advisable to plug the two 140mm fans from the front into the CPU2 header with the Y splitter or 1 into the CPU1 and 1 into the system header near the CPU2 header. The other two system headers are located 1 in the middle of the board and 1 at the bottom of the board near the audio headers. I will probably use a Y splitter on the header in the middle of the board for the two rear 120mm fans.

I need help with this configuration so I'm not trying to figure it out for hours.Thanks.

Honestly its not going to matter either way, basicly do what ever looks best cable Management wise.

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

What will using the fan splitter do as far as the software control is concerned? I am under the impression that the software will still read it as one fan. I had intended on running the front 140's as fast as noise permits and the rear 120's at about half speed. Nothing too fancy. Does that sound like a logical setup?

9 hours ago, AH64ACE said:

What will using the fan splitter do as far as the software control is concerned? I am under the impression that the software will still read it as one fan. I had intended on running the front 140's as fast as noise permits and the rear 120's at about half speed. Nothing too fancy. Does that sound like a logical setup?

Thats exactly how mobo will see them. If you take a look at splitter, the second header doesn't have all 4 pins. Rpm is missing as it isn't needed. Only DC, GND and PWM are used.

As for connections, depending on mobo, CPU2 is just clone of CPU1. So it might not be controlled individually. Check on your mobos manual or BIOS settings to clarify that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I haven't found anything in the MSI manual about the CPU1 and CPU2 connections other than they are there. I'll just have to play with it. Thanks for the help.