MSI GTX 1070

Big Head Tech

Bought my Fiancee a GTX 1070 for her rig as her 770 is showing its age and I just bought us both 1440p 144Hz IPS displays.  Sadly, her MSI GTX 1070 beats my 980 TI in 3DMark.  I pushed the OC as far as I could and overvolted my card but still fell about 70 points short.  Now she won't leave me alone :( #Firstworldproblems

7 minutes ago, Snaeb said:

Bought my Fiancee a GTX 1070 for her rig as her 770 is showing its age and I just bought us both 1440p 144Hz IPS displays.  Sadly, her MSI GTX 1070 beats my 980 TI in 3DMark.  I pushed the OC as far as I could and overvolted my card but still fell about 70 points short.  Now she won't leave me alone :( #Firstworldproblems

At least you didn't break one of the fans on your card with a fan extension cable. Just did that to my 1080. 

3 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

Easy fix honestly. Get a NF F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM and mount it to the GPU heatsink, plug it in a 4 pin slot and set a fan curve relative to GPU temperature. 

Thats what I did, even with the crappy corsair SP fans (stock H100 ones) it works waaaay better. Improved cooling of over 20c @load. 

Zip ties for the win. 

Its like a 4 slot card now.

Compared to the stock fans that come on the GTX 1080 Strix   2x140mm fans cool it way better.

8 hours ago, Cyborgsmith said:

At least you didn't break one of the fans on your card with a fan extension cable. Just did that to my 1080. 

How???

15 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

20c compared to stock fans or compared to just one stock fan? 

Fan extension cable for my side panel fan got caught in it.