Windows keeps hanging/freezing

So, I keep geeting this freezes where the whole system just hangs for up to a minut. It happens about every 5 minuts and is EXTREMELY anoying. I can not for the life of me tell why does this. I have my taskbar constantly open on my second monitor to see if any programs are at fault, no no luck so far. 

Sometimes I can move the mouse, sometimes not, sometimes the content of every window freezes, sometimes they keep showing their content (like a youtube video that keeps playing). 

After a lot of trial and error I ended up doing a fresh install of windows, but the freezes are as bad as ever. 

PLEASE HELP!

i7 7700K @ 4.8 Ghz (Kraken x52 aio cooler)

EVGA GTX 980 SC

Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI Motherboard

EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Power Suply

Phanteks Eclipse P400

Acer 144 hz monitor

3 minutes ago, Jesmo said:

After a lot of trial and error I ended up doing a fresh install of windows, but the freezes are as bad as ever. 

Maybe it's the hard drive or ssd. Have you tried using a different drive to run Windows? 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

29 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Maybe it's the hard drive or ssd. Have you tried using a different drive to run Windows? 

The freezes doesn't seem to be triggered from the drive writing/reading anything... Can I run some kind of test before getting rid of it? It's SSD btw. 

i7 7700K @ 4.8 Ghz (Kraken x52 aio cooler)

EVGA GTX 980 SC

Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI Motherboard

EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Power Suply

Phanteks Eclipse P400

Acer 144 hz monitor

1 minute ago, Jesmo said:

The freezes doesn't seem to be triggered from the drive writing/reading anything... Can I run some kind of test before getting rid of it? It's SSD btw. 

You can, but I think the best option it to test it by using a different SSD. You don't have to destroy or damage the existing one. Buy a cheap 32 GB SSD just for testing, install a Windows trial and your other software (Chrome, Firefox, Photoshop, whatever) and see if it still freezes. If it still does, it might be the RAM, or the CPU, or one of the programs you're running. That can be further tested at that time. :)

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-