Is my cpu too hot?

I have an intel 4770k and a corsair h100i closed water cooler and i have them in stock config no overclocking. I have the stock fans in push config and stock thermal compound and i get around 68-70° celsius is that normal or is my h100i not working correctly?  

Edit: These numbers are at 100% load

Edit: and the water temp was around 31° and i did the test in 5-8 minutes so it wasn't long but the water level didn't raise higher then these temps.

I have an intel 4770k and a corsair h100i closed water cooler and i have them in stock config no overclocking. I have the stock fans in push config and stock thermal compound and i get around 68-70° celsius is that normal or is my h100i not working correctly?  

That is pretty warm/hot. Check to see if the block is seated on the CPU correctly. Also check your thermal compound and that the fans are getting enough air.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

That does seem a bit high. Try to reseat the CPU block, maybe you got air bubbles in the thermal paste or something.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Re-mounting the CPU block should fix your issues.

n.b.: You will need fresh thermal paste to do it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Are those idle or load temps?

Man, I didn't even think to ask, I hope those are load, if those are idle....

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Man, I didn't even think to ask, I hope those are load, if those are idle....

sometimes people quote temps taken under unrealistic synthetic loads, so it worth making sure because 70 degrees under synthetic load is warm but isn't bad either, and it's nothing to worry about.

sometimes people quote temps taken under unrealistic synthetic loads, so it worth making sure because 70 degrees under synthetic load is warm but isn't bad either, and it's nothing to worry about.

Very true, that being said, given the cooling capacity of the h100i, and the fact that the CPU is at stock speeds/voltages, the temperatures are fairly high. I will still put my money on the block not being seated properly, either that or no thermal compound (made that mistake before... the shame, the shame).

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

You could try a few things....

- try clearing up any dust build up in your case in order to improve airflow

- try remounting the cpu block and re-applying the thermal paste

- try making sure that the fans are spinning properly, they might be spinning to low, check fan settings.

Lets just establish that while this is very cool (on my bucket list), I would RMA the CPU before I would do it, unless I was trying to get that last little bit out of my overclock. DO NOT do this, this is not related to your problem.

Edit: and the water temp was around 31° and i did the test in 5-8 minutes so it wasn't long but the water level didn't raise higher then these temps.

your temperatures seem fairly inline of other 4770k CPU, but it kinda depends on

what app or stress-test did you use to get the system 70°. using p95 or OCCT will

deffo stretch the degrees, using Intels Extreme on mine gets about 65° stock, only

because the motherboard voltage is extremely high for a small multiplier. i shaved

10° from the loaded just by under-volting the 39 multiplier (about 1.015v).

remounting the block prolly won't help, unless you are having excessive idle temps.

that is high, especially for a dual rad 

my h220 keeps my 4770k stock at like 40-50 full load p95 (depending how warm my room is)

make sure its seated properly

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Make sure of 3 things:  1: Make sure the fans are blowing on the radiater, have enough air and it is not dusty.  2: Make sure the radiator is nice and in good shape.  3: make sure your water cooler is securely on the cpu, and you have applied thermal paste correctly.