Upgrade from K7XX?

monjanger

I want an upgrade but honestly don't know where to go. I love the signature sound of the Phillips X2's, but that would be a sidestep. I am considering the HD650's, and the He-400i's, but am open to any recommendations.

Dac ~ FiiO E10K

Music ~ Trap/Rap/EDM/Bass

Budget ~ Preferably $700's, but will push up to the $1000's maximum.

All help would be wonderful, as I want to pick them up pretty soon Thanks!

Nice copy-paste. Maybe I should just copy-paste my answer? No?

If you like the sound signature of the Fidelio X2, what is wrong with getting the Fidelio X2? What exactly are you looking for from an "upgrade"? Do you even know?

4 minutes ago, SSL said:

Nice copy-paste. Maybe I should just copy-paste my answer? No?

If you like the sound signature of the Fidelio X2, what is wrong with getting the Fidelio X2? What exactly are you looking for from an "upgrade"? Do you even know?

I feel like the X2's would be more of a sidestep, and I'm kind of fed up with the quality as I broke them after a single drop.

For an upgrade I just want more bass, a more "warm" sound, and I guess what you get when you pay for an upgrade ;)

I just got the Philips X2, if that's the sound signature you want then get them, you won't regret it.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

39 minutes ago, monjanger said:

I feel like the X2's would be more of a sidestep, and I'm kind of fed up with the quality as I broke them after a single drop.

For an upgrade I just want more bass, a more "warm" sound, and I guess what you get when you pay for an upgrade ;)

HD 650 sounds like it might be the right direction, then.

the fostex t20rp should be a good option or you can get the hifiman 400s with brainwavz angled pleather pads

wan