Tools needed to build a gaming PC

AniJan
5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

-Snip-

I'm curious too. A knife and flashlight I understand. But.. Vise grips? 

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

-snip-

I'm 17, I don't really have a job that requires it or anything like that, I just do random things and find that certain tools are generally helpful.

The two knives have different purposes: One is a smaller, really nice Japanese folder that I keep very sharp, and the other is a CS GI Tanto that I can bang around.

EDIT:

7 minutes ago, Wolther said:

I'm curious too. A knife and flashlight I understand, but... Vise grips? 

I just realized something that might make it sound a little less weird: They're 5in., not the hulking monstrosities people usually have.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

17 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I just realized something that might make it sound a little less weird: They're 5in., not the hulking monstrosities people usually have.

Well that paints a better picture :P Although still curious on what your chances are of using it? I mean I've never heard of those being carried on the daily, atleast not around here

Just now, Wolther said:

Well that paints a better picture :P Although still curious on what your chances are of using it? I mean I've never heard of those being carried on the daily, at least not around here.

Quite often, actually. Almost as often as a knife.

3 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Quite often, actually. Almost as often as a knife.

Can you provide a few examples?    The world (or possibly just us are dying to know.  ?)

23 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I'm 17, I don't really have a job that requires it or anything like that, I just do random things and find that certain tools are generally helpful.

The two knives have different purposes: One is a smaller, really nice Japanese folder that I keep very sharp, and the other is a CS GI Tanto that I can bang around.

EDIT:

A Japanese folder?  What kind of knife is that?

They make little vice things?  I've only ever seen full size I think.  

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

They make little vice things?  I've only ever seen full size I think.  

Yeah, there's different vise grips. Some are too big for smaller jobs and vice versa 

18 hours ago, AniJan said:

What basic tools would you need to build a gaming PC, more specifically for this PC:http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xC4Xf8

Or can we use any tools?..

99,99% of the time, one phillips screwdriver and that's it. But you may as well get a cheap kit like this (you may find infinite variations in all sorts of casings, etc, depending on your nearby shops), which basically has any type of screw head you may find while dealing with PCs, laptops, etc, including the phillips one.

12 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Can you provide a few examples? The world (or possibly just us) is dying to know.  ?

Crimping wires, cutting cables, bending metal, prying lids, breaking fasteners, it's a damn good wrench, and countless other assorted uses. (EDIT: Oh yeah, and grabbing things really, really tight.)

For computers I generally use it for zip-ties and stubborn screws.

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

A Japanese folder? What kind of knife is that?

"Folder" is the type of knife, basically meaning it's a pocket knife, and it's made in Japan.

28 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Crimping wires, cutting cables, bending metal, prying lids, breaking fasteners, it's a damn good wrench, and countless other assorted uses. (EDIT: Oh yeah, and grabbing things really, really tight.)

For computers I generally use it for zip-ties and stubborn screws.

"Folder" is the type of knife, basically meaning it's a pocket knife, and it's made in Japan.

Ah.  I don't do any of that stuff so that would explain why I didn't think of that stuff.  Though it might not hurt to get a small vice grip just in case.  Might be better to have it and not need it. 

Oh.  I just say pocket knife.  Where'd you get that one from?

10 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Oh. I just say pocket knife. Where'd you get that one from?

Sorry, I'm just a bit of a snob so I'm rather specific XP

I don't remember where I ordered it, I think BladeHQ, but it's an Mcusta Katana.

I love talking about knives, but I think we're going a tad off-topic here, so I think I've gotta stop myself before the point of no return XP

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

Sorry, I'm just a bit of a snob so I'm rather specific XP

I don't remember where I ordered it, I think BladeHQ, but it's an Mcusta Katana.

I love talking about knives, but I think we're going a tad off-topic here, so I think I've gotta stop myself before the point of no return XP

Don't be sorry for being you.  ?

(So long as it's nothing evil of course which this isn't so nothing to worry about.)

I'll have to PM you at some point then you seem like you might be fun to talk to.  Or you could if you ever feel like chatting.