Help with premiere audio.

EliasRC

Hello,

I made a video in premiere but used some audio not from my microphone. The audio is at all different levels. Is there any easy way to fix all of them at the same time or set them all to the same volume?

10 minutes ago, EliasRC said:

Hello,

I made a video in premiere but used some audio not from my microphone. The audio is at all different levels. Is there any easy way to fix all of them at the same time or set them all to the same volume?

The best method is to take the audio to Adobe Audition, from Premiere you can right click on the clip in the timeline and choose "edit in Audition".  Adobe Audition is better for editing audio than Premiere.

What audio did you use and what does the waveform look like?  Can you post a screen shot?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

3 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

The best method is to take the audio to Adobe Audition, from Premiere you can right click on the clip in the timeline and choose "edit in Audition".  Adobe Audition is better for editing audio than Premiere.

What audio did you use and what does the waveform look like?  Can you post a screen shot?

I am really new and i do not have audition. What do you mean by wave form?

Just now, EliasRC said:

I am really new and i do not have audition. What do you mean by wave form?

Do you only have a subscription to Premiere Pro or to the entire Adobe CC package?

This is an example of an audio waveform.

waveform.gif

This video will give you an idea of how you can adjust audio clips that contain varying levels.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Only premiere. Umm its a long video but i can try if that what you need to help?

Just now, EliasRC said:

Its a free trial i might be able to get it?

For

4 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Do you only have a subscription to Premiere Pro or to the entire Adobe CC package?

This is an example of an audio waveform.

waveform.gif

This video will give you an idea of how you can adjust audio clips that contain varying levels.

sorry forgot to quote you

Just now, EliasRC said:

Only premiere. Umm its a long video but i can try if that what you need to help?

If you only have Premiere, you can still do some manual adjustment of the audio levels.  You will have to select the audio track in the timeline, in the Effects panel you will have to adjust the Volume and keyframe parts where you need to increase or decrease the levels.

Another method might be to right click on the audio track in the timeline and select "Audio Gain" and then you will have to use the adjust gain and normalize peak options. This is a multi-step process.  If you can post a screen cap of how the audio waveform looks like in Premiere I can get a better idea of what proper steps you can take.   You can expand the Audio track's visible thickness in the timeline and also zoom in so that the waveform is more detailed.

After that when you render, you may need to apply "Loudness Normalization"

1 minute ago, EliasRC said:

Its a free trial i might be able to get it?

You might be able to use the free trial period to do what you want.

How do i import all the audio to audition at the same time?

12 minutes ago, EliasRC said:

How do i import all the audio to audition at the same time?

If you are working on a timeline that has multiple clips, instead of right clicking on each individual clips you right click on the sequence in the Project window and select Edit in Adobe Audition.

i fixed it thanks for all your wonderful help

Just now, AkiraDaarkst said:

If you are working on a timeline that has multiple clips, instead of right clicking on each individual clips you right click on the sequence in the Project window and select Edit in Adobe Audition.

4 minutes ago, EliasRC said:

i fixed it thanks for all your wonderful help

So all the audio levels are OK now?

1 minute ago, EliasRC said:

yep i just messed with the gain like you said

Alright.