Office rig

jaffacakes

Note: I already made a thread about this build, but it was some time ago and I've since then switched things around, so I'd like to get a new opinion would be nice.

I'm building an office PC for my parents.

They'll be using it for AutoCAD, PhotoShop, SketchUp and some other professional software.

I'm buying in Italy and the max budget is €700-ish (give or take €10)

OS, monitor and peripherals aren't needed.

No need for a mass storage HDD since they'll use a NAS in raid 1 for it.

This is what I came up with:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€315.00 @ Amazon Italia) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V VER.2 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€54.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Asus H110M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€55.83 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€81.87 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€72.98 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€57.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic ECO 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€51.98 @ Amazon Italia) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-118CB/BEBE DVD/CD Drive  (€13.50 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €704.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-20 01:47 CET+0100

Should I go with the Seidon or is it too much? I'm trying to get it as silent as possible (without spending a fortune).

Cheers.

Use the stock cooler, no need for a liquid cooler on a non oc board.

Get a midrange gpu like a 1050. Most of those programs you listed like some gpu power.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Use the stock cooler, no need for a liquid cooler on a non oc board.

Get a midrange gpu like a 1050. Most of those programs you listed like some gpu power.

I'm kinda worried about overheating, as the stock cooler hasn't always been great with CPUs higher than the i5. Maybe a be quiet! Pure Rock will be enough.

How much do they benefit from a GPU?

I thought they relied on CPU power (there is a "mod" for AutoCAD that lets you render with your GPU or something, but I don't know how reliable it may be).

9 minutes ago, The Slimy Pig said:

I'm kinda worried about overheating, as the stock cooler hasn't always been great with CPUs higher than the i5. Maybe a be quiet! Pure Rock will be enough.

How much do they benefit from a GPU?

I thought they relied on CPU power (there is a "mod" for AutoCAD that lets you render with your GPU or something, but I don't know how reliable it may be).

I have ran i7's and xeon i3's on stock and there quiet and cool. It will be fine.

For programs like autocad, all the realtime interface is done on the gpu. A 1050 would be worth it.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

I have ran i7's and xeon i3's on stock and there quiet and cool. It will be fine.

For programs like autocad, all the realtime interface is done on the gpu. A 1050 would be worth it.

Well then, thank you!