Hackintosh possible?

Hi guys,

So recently I built a new pc because my old pc was very bad. I planned to install Windows 10 Pro and later on I decided that I also wanted to dual boot OS X.

Specs:

• CPU
    Intel Core i5-6600
  • Motherboard
    GIGABYTE GA-B150-HD3P
  • RAM
    12 GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU
    ASUS DUAL-GTX1060-6G
  • Storage
    SanDisk Ultra II 240 GB + 1 TB HDD
  • PSU
    Sharkoon WPM600 600W

I want to dual boot OS X Sierra and Windows using hackintosh, but I'm quite a hackintosh noob. Does anyone know if my system is hackintosh compatible?

Luca

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro X64

go to the tonymac x86 forum 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

17 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

Thanks.

OP, don't be surprised if you don't get a direct answer here. Since Hackintosh (installing Apple OS on non-Apple hardware) breaks Apple EULA, we don't discuss Hackingtosh in much detail on this forum. The matter in general is fine, but it tends to lead into someone posting a link that's not allowed and the thread getting closed. I'm no authority here, this is all from a user to a user. But I do believe answering your question about the compatibility is not against the rules. But there's loads of more involved forums out there in the Internet.

Just now, Naeaes said:

OP, don't be surprised if you don't get a direct answer here. Since Hackintosh (installing Apple OS on non-Apple hardware) breaks Apple EULA, we don't discuss Hackingtosh in much detail on this forum. The matter in general is fine, but it tends to lead into someone posting a link that's not allowed and the thread getting closed. I'm no authority here, this is all from a user to a user. But I do believe answering your question about the compatibility is not against the rules. But there's loads of more involved forums out there in the Internet.

Alright, I'm sorry. Thanks for your advice. I'll visit a Hackintosh related forum :)

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

i think linking to that forum might be enough to get a DMCA takedown

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

53 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i think linking to that forum might be enough to get a DMCA takedown

I didn't link to it. also apple has never gotten anyone on hacintoshing

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

7 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

I didn't link to it. also apple has never gotten anyone on hacintoshing

i still wouldn't do it. I think mentioning a piracy site is enough to be linked to it. its good practice to denounce illegal activity on a public forum where anyone can see your post.

We agree that If someone wants directions to commit piracy they are in the wrong forum; but I wont give them directions because they really shouldn't be breaking a law that they do not comprehend. Informing them that what they are doing is wrong is enough.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

A breaking a EULA is not piracy, most people break EULAs unknowing very often. Piracy is rehosting the installer files. It's cool if moderators choose for it not to be discussed here, but discussing the installation of macOS is just legal as installing Linux.

Hell, an early version of Safari for Windows actually forbade you from installing it on non-Apple machines in the EULA 

safari_windows.png?004f0d

No need to instill fear in people trying to learn how to try other OSes on their computer.

Desktop i7-5820K @ 4.7GHz | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 64GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Titan X (1st Gen) | 256GB 950 Pro SSD + 8TB WD Red HDD | Corsair AX860i | Lian-Li PC-O8 | macOS Sierra + Win10

Audio HD800 + Magni2/Modi2 | Keyboard WhiteFox/ErgoDox | Mouse G502 | HMD HTC Vive

Things I know about: Computer Building, Software Development, Headphones, Mechanical Keyboards, Cosplay, ?

18 minutes ago, MarieKirya said:

A breaking a EULA is not piracy, most people break EULAs unknowing very often. Piracy is rehosting the installer files. It's cool if moderators choose for it not to be discussed here, but discussing the installation of macOS is just legal as installing Linux.

Hell, an early version of Safari for Windows actually forbade you from installing it on non-Apple machines in the EULA 

safari_windows.png?004f0d

No need to instill fear in people trying to learn how to try other OSes on their computer.

Installing MacOS isn't just as legal as installing Linux.

The license for MacOS/OSX forbids installation on unapproved hardware, something one agrees to in the EULA, which is a digital contract and somewhat legally binding.

Also, while modern day piracy is thought of only as sharing and downloading files/programs/operating systems via unapproved and illegal means, it can extend to inappropriate usage of said content. So yes, Hackintoshes are a form of piracy, especially since OSX is no longer available as a separate product. You need access to a Mac to download an image of MacOS.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

32 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Installing MacOS isn't just as legal as installing Linux.

The license for MacOS/OSX forbids installation on unapproved hardware, something one agrees to in the EULA, which is a digital contract and somewhat legally binding.

Also, while modern day piracy is thought of only as sharing and downloading files/programs/operating systems via unapproved and illegal means, it can extend to inappropriate usage of said content. So yes, Hackintoshes are a form of piracy, especially since OSX is no longer available as a separate product. You need access to a Mac to download an image of MacOS.

Erm, that's considered Breach of Contract rather than enforceable a violation of copyright. There is also a reason that forums like TonyMac discuss the installation process as starting from your own Mac and downloading using your Apple ID. These discussions would never cause a DMCA takedown notice under any circumstances, and the fear mongering up the thread was uncalled for.

This isn't even to bring Fair Use into the equation and could probably be argued by a lawyer quite well, along with the legal fees to just prosecute one person on ground of Breach of Contract, and prove that they lost monetary value by using an operating system that has no price on it. 

Desktop i7-5820K @ 4.7GHz | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 64GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Titan X (1st Gen) | 256GB 950 Pro SSD + 8TB WD Red HDD | Corsair AX860i | Lian-Li PC-O8 | macOS Sierra + Win10

Audio HD800 + Magni2/Modi2 | Keyboard WhiteFox/ErgoDox | Mouse G502 | HMD HTC Vive

Things I know about: Computer Building, Software Development, Headphones, Mechanical Keyboards, Cosplay, ?

Slap an apple sticker on your computer and you are good ;)

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

This isn't the place to debate the legality of this - as a general rule, we don't allow people to assist with hackintosh on this forum, as per the community standards:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.