Budget Amd cpu

Hello, I am building my first pc. my current set up is geared towards amd. i have an am3+ socket MOBO and i am looking for a cpu i can game on comfortably. I currently have a evga 950 but my goal is to run a 1060 for comfortable 1080p play. any suggestions on what amd cpu to purchase? any help is appreciated !

FX 83xx

You aren't going to find amd architecture for am3+ that isn't going to bottleneck a 1060 at least a little bit, and going budget isn't really going to help that. but I suppose you could go for an fx 6300 and overclock it as much as you can. However if you want better performance you are looking more in the fx 8350 range.

My current setup has the Fx6300 and the 1060, and I cant recommend that cpu with the 1060 because it is a bottle neck on cpu intesive games like GTA V and Metro series. So for now FX6300 is worth it with your 950, but if you plan to upgrade the gpu soon, I wouldn't suggest the 6300, i would go with at least the fx8350 if you want the am3+ socket

What chipest do you have? I would only recommend 990FX or 970, and only the latter if it has a 6+2 or 8+2 power phase.

5 minutes ago, Houndz199 said:

My current setup has the Fx6300 and the 1060, and I cant recommend that cpu with the 1060 because it is a bottle neck on cpu intesive games like GTA V and Metro series. So for now FX6300 is worth it with your 950, but if you plan to upgrade the gpu soon, I wouldn't suggest the 6300, i would go with at least the fx8350 if you want the am3+ socket

I agree.  Get a hyper 212 evo.  An fx6300 is good.  Not the best idea.   just sell the mobo and wait for zen.  

You know what, I think the thing we should be asking maybe is: what is your budget first of all?

well honestly 350, for cpu. i am now thinking i should go intel. so i would need a board and cpu.i have ddr3 1866 ram already so the board would need to fit that. i5 and mobo be better?

2 minutes ago, said:

well honestly 350, for cpu. i am now thinking i should go intel. so i would need a board and cpu.i have ddr3 1866 ram already so the board would need to fit that. i5 and mobo be better?

Buy the last gen intel i7.  It would save you some money and will still last without bottlenecks unless you decide to put two 1080s it

edit:  then you wouldn't have to spend 80 dollars on new ram.  200cpu. 130 for mobo.  Less than 350.

Just now, Mast3r_Gaming said:

Buy the last gen intel i7.  It would save you some money and will still last without bottlenecks unless you decide to put two 1080s it

Could i stay in budget doing so?

Just now, </Reign> said:

Yes I believe let me CHECK MY CALCULATIONS.

Just now, </Reign> said:

if you want a board and cpu this might work for you, http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ytrh23
I am not sure what tax in your region is like but I tried to get it as close to including proper tax as possible.
This will give you a decent cpu and a budget board that is still overclockable so you have some headroom

7 minutes ago, Adreyu said:

if you want a board and cpu this might work for you, http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ytrh23
I am not sure what tax in your region is like but I tried to get it as close to including proper tax as possible.
This will give you a decent cpu and a budget board that is still overclockable so you have some headroom

I7 4770k 248$ + 130 for mobo(https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16813130770)

still under budget

10 minutes ago, Adreyu said:

I really appreciate that! that will be better performance than any amd im sure.

11 minutes ago, Adreyu said:

haswell ftw

1 minute ago, </Reign> said:

I really appreciate that! that will be better performance than any amd im sure.

No problem, happy to help :)

And absolutely, that cpu will outperform pretty much any FX cpu by 20% or more

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

haswell ftw

my 4790k hasn't steered me wrong yet ;)

Just now, Adreyu said:

my 4790k hasn't steered me wrong yet ;)

same as my 4460

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

same as my 4460

I have an APU (1.5years old) and a rx 480.  Overclock puts me bare minimum.  Hope zen is good if it isn't AMD has lost my CPU vote and I'm going intel next summer.

1 minute ago, Mast3r_Gaming said:

I have an APU (1.5years old) and a rx 480.  Overclock puts me bare minimum.  Hope zen is good if it isn't AMD has lost my CPU vote and I'm going intel next summer.

I liked the idea of amd when it comes to price per performance but it just seems as though it bottlenecks everything.

3 minutes ago, </Reign> said:

I liked the idea of amd when it comes to price per performance but it just seems as though it bottlenecks everything.

Like the 8320 isn't really a bottleneck but my APU isn't bad I just isn't great.  Vr will hopefully run fine with overclocked but just by intel or wait for zen.  I highly suggest intel(thunderbolt support) and stuff like that even though I'm prolly getting zen cause it's processors are gonna be cheaper.