Cash back and trade in promotion for Atomos products

Starting from the 15th of November 2016 to 31 January 2017, Atomos is offering cash back and trade in rebates for anyone buying some of their external video recorders.

The products you have to buy to get this offer are

• Shogun Inferno or Flame. (Shogun Inferno is not part of the deal, which is a bummer since I just bought one yesterday.)
  • Ninja Flame
  • Ninja Blade
  • Samurai Blade

all other products are not part of this offer.

https://www.atomos.com/offers/hdr-upgrade

https://www.atomos.com/assets/pdfs/HDR-promotions-terms-conditions-A4.pdf

If anyone does not know what Atomos recorders are, they are video recorders that can capture the clean video signals out of your camera's HDMI or SDI outputs and record them onto SSD/HDD drives in ProRes and/or DNxHR codecs.  So in case you are wondering why you would want to buy these devices and record externally, it's because the internal recording of your DSLRs might be 8-bit 4:2:0 but the clean HDMI out might be 10-bit 4:2:2 that will be better for post production.

I think I'm supposed to be posting in the Hot Deals section of this forum, but these products are video related so I have chosen to post this news here.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 minutes ago, Jed M said:

Doesn't apply to Canadians^, just thought I'd point that out.

What do you mean?

Read the second link in my original post.

The Promotion is applicable to purchasers from the EMEA (excluding Turkey), USA and Canada aged 18 years or over.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

27 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

What do you mean?

Read the second link in my original post.

It does not have a Canadian region.

USA

Australia

EU

UK

Asia

China mainland, Japan, India

Canadians don't fit in any of those options.

1 hour ago, Jed M said:

USA

Australia

EU

UK

Asia

What? It says USA, Canada

1 hour ago, Jed M said:

USA

Australia

EU

UK

Asia

It could be a mistake on their part.  What they have in their site doesn't match what's written in their terms and conditions PDF.  Atomos is Australian, must be some weird sense of humor or geographical knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Benjals said:

What? It says USA, Canada

I think they realized their mistake and updated the site.

Just now, AkiraDaarkst said:

It could be a mistake on their part.  What they have in their site doesn't match what's written in their terms and conditions PDF.  Atomos is Australian, must be some weird sense of humor or geographical knowledge.

I think they realized their mistake and updated the site.

Ahhh, fair enough.

7 minutes ago, Benjals said:

Ahhh, fair enough.

It says USA, Canada (excl. QC) now.  Not sure why Quebec is excluded, can any Canadians explain why?

8 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

It says USA, Canada (excl. QC) now.  Not sure why Quebec is excluded, can any Canadians explain why?

Quebec is weird... only explanation we can really give without a long ass post.