2x Dual Channel kit in Quad Channel Board

Naijin

I got this really cheap deal for an i7 3930k and Asus Rampage IV Formula for € 200, but I need memory for it. I still have 4 sticks of DDR3 HyperX Savage 1600MHz in my older pc, which I would gladly replace. They're from two seperate dual kits so they're actually two of the same SKU "HX316C9SRK2/8" number. Would they work in quad channel on this motherboard?

Most likely yes.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Jup, should work. RAM can do odd stuff sometimes though, but that they work together now already is a good sign.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

I tried a few different dual channel kits when I had my x79 rig and never had a problem running two of the same kits together at the rated speed, only saw limitations when overclocking because separately one kit could clock higher than the other so both kits together wouldn't reach the same speed.  That's a great deal for the cpu and mobo btw.