Windows 10 crashes every day

MrTralala
1 hour ago, seandawg said:

I would look closer at the drives. We need to download a few things before we can start . If you have a flash drive that your not using you can down a windows 10 PE ( Physical Environment) . My favorite is Gandalf, link is here http://windowsmatters.com/2016/11/08/gandalfs-win10pe-x86-redstone-build-14393-version-11-07-2016/ . The use a program called Win CD Emu http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/download/ . Mount the ISO as a disk and copy over all files to the flash drive. Then download HD tune http://www.hdtune.com/ . Then if you open Gandalfs program files you can copy HD tune into that folder. Then go ahead and reboot your PC and hit your boot menu key and boot to your flash drive. It will load up a windows PE. Then open file explorer and select HD tune from the programs then run benchmarks and error scan on both disk. The whole reason you want to do this to test your drives while nothing is accessing them. I you need help creating the boot drive and any other steps I can post pictures or video. 

i appreciate the help you trying to offer me, but atm I don't have any flash drives that I could sacrifice for this. Sorry :(.

21 minutes ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

Have you already try DISM? 

Try this out if not  (tweaking all in one repair) this tool has saved me a number of times, it will go in and default many of windows core settings and what not.

I used to use it when I was working as a remote support tech for a bunch of large companies. If it wouldn't fix the problem, most of the time we just re-imaged the machine. Unless we knew exactly what the problem was. Other wise we would waste way to many hours chasing down the issue with no result and then job would become too costly. 

Alright I'll try it out. Will tell you the results when I'm done.

Update: Alright so I was deleting all my backups and system images in my computer to check if the full hard drive was causing the crashes and I came across a troubling screen as I was restarting. What's up with that?

Run all the various repairs at the end of it, no point in targeting anything as we dont know what the issue is. Also once its done, imo, i would create a new user profile in windows. and move your personal files there. Ive had a few cases where I had to do this because it fixed everything but the user profile was so far gone we just had to make a new one. Then it was golden.

Don't sit in the dark though , Ask any questions if you run into something you dont understand. Also once again run the checkdisk! Its a small thing but It may not be able to repair certain things if it runs into issues with the data on the HD. A simple chkdsk will verify its going to be at least a cleaner run. And run it in safemode with networking, if the settings are getting used at the time, it could skip it and you may end up skipping the fix for the actual problem.

This is a huge fix for alot of random things but better to smash everything and any other possibilities then to fix one thing and deal with another.

Ya thats fun, you might have to uninstall some drivers if this doesn't work out, which you will probably want to do in regular safemode. if you have an exclamation point next to the device, you can just remove that one and windows update should automatically hunt it down.

This could be a few different ones though, network cards tend to be the notorious ones. But some graphics cards can cause this. along with a few other devices. Boot into safemode regular mode when you get a chance and see if any of the devices failed to start, also posting the minidump from this it will help us figure this out easier. 

You can use this tool to get it very easily. This tool (BlueScreenView) will find any BSOD's that occurred and put all the info from it on one page. I would post it up here so someone can analyze it for specifics.

You can still go through with the previously mentioned tool. Like I said in my previous post it will smash any possibilities. But if you have to reinstall a driver, It will not do that for you. I consider this a good and bad thing, bad that it happened. But good with the timing as its going to give us some more specific and useful information

Run the bluescreenview first!!, grab that mini dump before you run this tool. To be truthful, I am not sure if its going to clear out the minidumps while its doing its run. I havent had to run the tweaking all in one repair in a few months and I cannot remember if it does that. Once you got it copied to a text file or something, your good to do whatever.

6 minutes ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

Run the bluescreenview first!!, grab that mini dump before you run this tool. To be truthful, I am not sure if its going to clear out the minidumps while its doing its run. I havent run it in a few months and I cannot remember if it does that. Once you got it copied to a text file or something, your good to do whatever.

This is what the generated file from the dump says:

==================================================
Dump File         : 111716-330828-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 17/11/2016 1:09:14 PM
Bug Check String  : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug Check Code    : 0x0000009f
Parameter 1       : 00000000`00000004
Parameter 2       : 00000000`0000012c
Parameter 3       : ffffd00b`6296b040
Parameter 4       : ffffad80`cb15c900
Caused By Driver  : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14f326
File Description  : 
Product Name      : 
Company           : 
File Version      : 
Processor         : x64
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+14f326
Stack Address 1   : 
Stack Address 2   : 
Stack Address 3   : 
Computer Name     : 
Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111716-330828-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 8
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 14393
Dump File Size    : 623,964
Dump File Time    : 17/11/2016 1:18:02 PM
==================================================

37 minutes ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

Run all the various repairs at the end of it, no point in targeting anything as we dont know what the issue is. Also once its done, imo, i would create a new user profile in windows. and move your personal files there. Ive had a few cases where I had to do this because it fixed everything but the user profile was so far gone we just had to make a new one. Then it was golden.

Don't sit in the dark though , Ask any questions if you run into something you dont understand. Also once again run the checkdisk! Its a small thing but It may not be able to repair certain things if it runs into issues with the data on the HD. A simple chkdsk will verify its going to be at least a cleaner run. And run it in safemode with networking, if the settings are getting used at the time, it could skip it and you may end up skipping the fix for the actual problem.

This is a huge fix for alot of random things but better to smash everything and any other possibilities then to fix one thing and deal with another.

Do I tick all the boxes for the Windows Repair? Things like file permissions and recycling bin are not ticked.

uhh before you do that do me a favor and go to  C:\Windows\Minidump . Zip up all the files in there and post them somewhere for us.

I would select the first box that says all, with that it should cover everything that is needed, you can basically leave the rest alone. but once again, zip those files in that folder and keep them safe or post them before you continue.

I gotta hit the bed as i need to be at work in 6 hours :P. But i will check them out later on while I am at work if i got free time.

15 minutes ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

uhh before you do that do me a favor and go to  C:\Windows\Minidump . Zip up all the files in there and post them somewhere for us.

Here.

9 minutes ago, trevor_leong said:

-snip-

google "driver_power_state_failure w10 bsod" , im shure theres a couple of sites that can tell you exactly the culprit , it sounds like a bad driver to me

I looked myself and it looks like the NVIDA driver is on the list of potential things , use DDU and make a clean install of the latest driver

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

31 minutes ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

I would select the first box that says all, with that it should cover everything that is needed, you can basically leave the rest alone. but once again, zip those files in that folder and keep them safe or post them before you continue.

I gotta hit the bed as i need to be at work in 6 hours :P. But i will check them out later on while I am at work if i got free time.

Done. Ran the repairs successfully (though there were some parts where Avira denied access and whatnot). Thanks for the help btw, we'll see if it is fixed in the next few days.

15 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

google "driver_power_state_failure w10 bsod" , im shure theres a couple of sites that can tell you exactly the culprit , it sounds like a bad driver to me

I looked myself and it looks like the NVIDA driver is on the list of potential things , use DDU and make a clean install of the latest driver

Ok done. Should I install the NVIDIA drivers or wait it out to see if my computer still crashes?

1 minute ago, trevor_leong said:

Ok done. Should I install the NVIDIA drivers or wait it out to see if my computer still crashes?

reinstall the drivers , then see if it chrashes

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

reinstall the drivers , then see if it chrashes

Ok, I'll download the drivers using GeForce Experience. Please no more crashes :(.

Update: So I bought WD's "My Passport Ultra" and I am currently backing up my files using Acronis True Image WD Edition. Hope it does indeed save all my files.

On a side note, I get this bug where sometimes the binds I put on my Corsair K70 keyboard does not work until I restart my computer. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in the keyboard USB but still no difference. I have tried closing the Corsair Utility Engine but it is still the same. Anyone faces the same issue and how do you fix it?

Update: Still crashed, sadly. It happened at 9.23pm today (GMT +8) while I was using Chrome (I completely forgot to stop using it).

Hm...I was going to uninstall Chrome but after reading online, I have high suspicions that iTunes is actually the real culprit, since it has indeed been giving me problems for the past few times when I needed to use it.

At least on the bright side I now know Windows 10 itself is fine (since I did Windows Repair), so it is either the hardware or a program causing the crash.

Also, I found these in Event Viewer as errors:

The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

ACPI

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
This computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain. The Netlogon service does not need to run in this configuration.
The HvHost service terminated with the following error: 
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
The WMPNetworkSvc service terminated with the following error: 
An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

Update: Fuck my life. It is not iTunes. Yesterday the computer did not crash, but today at 7.26 pm it did. Damn it. Oh well, I am uninstalling Chrome now, I hope it is indeed the problem because I am out of solutions. Here are what I get in the Event Viewer (there seems to be a trend now):

The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

ACPI

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Someone please help me fix this.

This computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain. The Netlogon service does not need to run in this configuration.

I doubt this caused my computer to crash, can anyone confirm it for me?

The HvHost service terminated with the following error: 
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Could it be my Microphone?

The WMPNetworkSvc service terminated with the following error: 
An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

I don't even know.

If worst comes to worst, I guess I'll have to send my whole computer for warranty (though I am not even sure whether I have proof of it). Does anyone know if my data is safe if I do so? I do have a lot of private stuff on my computer.

Update: I was just about to post how Google Chrome was the culprit all this while for crashing my computer, turns out it is not. It was fine from Mon-Wed (probably because I never used the whole day), but when I woke up this morning and was browsing the Steam store (Autumn sale btw), it unexpectedly stop responding. My mouse had that loading icon but still moved, so I clicked on Microsoft Edge and it wasn't responding either. I let my computer to idle for like 5 minutes hoping it would fix the problem but the screen just didn't change, and no matter what I tried opening.

At this point I think posting Event Viewer is useless, because I really doubt now that it is a software issue, but a hardware issue, thus I am probably sending it to Asus Service Centre (thankfully I found the proof of purchase).

I'll try to get information out of it once it is fixed and post it here if anyone in the future faces the same problem.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help though, at least it helped me come up with a deduction of the problem.