TECH EXPERT I NEED HELP DECIDING

Go to solution Solved by cube45,

It depends. The 1070 is better price to performance wise but it will still be overkill if you are just gaming on a single 1080p monitor at 60 fps. If you plan on gaming at higher resolutions / frame rates / VR then the 1070 is well worth it.

I NEED HELP!!!!!

i originally wants to buy gtx 1070. but my friend came across me and told me that he wants to buy gtx 1060.

this makes me asking which should i buy, gtx 1070 or gtx 1060?

what is the reason that made me should buy gtx 1070?

what is the reason that made me should buy gtx 1060?

for all tech expert out there please, i need answers.

thank you all

Gtx 1070 is better than 1060 in overall he may not have a budget for higher end card thats why your friend like 1060

1070 has better performance, but is also a bit more expensive. If you can afford it, buy it.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

depends what your monitor needs , if its a 1080 p monitor the gtx 1060 will do just fine with most new titles but if your monitor is higher like 1440 and you dont want to spen money on the gtx 1080 then get the 1070 preforming better but i would suggest 1070 if you can afford. if 1070 get the evga 1070 ftw

Here's some performance differences. Do you feel the need for more performance? Do you intend to replace the card sooner or later?

Spoiler

83291.png

83283.png

83277.png

1070 is a mid range tier, should perform like one, if you have the m0oney, then go with it, 

Details separate people.

It depends. The 1070 is better price to performance wise but it will still be overkill if you are just gaming on a single 1080p monitor at 60 fps. If you plan on gaming at higher resolutions / frame rates / VR then the 1070 is well worth it.

im thinking if i buy a gtx 1070 it'll pack more power and i dont need to upgrade it as soon as if i was going for gtx 1060 in the future. is that a good reason?

Just now, Swordtiny said:

im thinking if i buy a gtx 1070 it'll pack more power and i dont need to upgrade it as soon as if i was going for gtx 1060 in the future. is that a good reason?

Yes. If you are willing to spend the money.

Just now, cube45 said:

Yes. If you are willing to spend the money.

with this, i need to spend more first, but i dont need to spend that much in the future

well, i guess i know the answer then. GTX 1070 (i think im gonna go with the FTW one just for that glowing thing)

thanks for all of your answer guys

19 minutes ago, rwaalph said:

Gtx 1070 is better than 1060 in overall he may not have a budget for higher end card thats why your friend like 1060

18 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

1070 has better performance, but is also a bit more expensive. If you can afford it, buy it.

17 minutes ago, Llamakarnage said:

depends what your monitor needs , if its a 1080 p monitor the gtx 1060 will do just fine with most new titles but if your monitor is higher like 1440 and you dont want to spen money on the gtx 1080 then get the 1070 preforming better but i would suggest 1070 if you can afford. if 1070 get the evga 1070 ftw

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Here's some performance differences. Do you feel the need for more performance? Do you intend to replace the card sooner or later?

Reveal hidden contents

83291.png

83283.png

83277.png

11 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

1070 is a mid range tier, should perform like one, if you have the m0oney, then go with it, 

8 minutes ago, cube45 said:

2 minutes ago, Swordtiny said:

well, i guess i know the answer then. GTX 1070 (i think im gonna go with the FTW one just for that glowing thing)

Make sure to mark the thread as solved using the tick on whichever post was the bestest.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

4 minutes ago, Swordtiny said:

wew glowy things

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

wew glowy things

yeah that LED, that is also the reason why i went for razer deathstalker and corsair m95. them glows