Virtualization issue

Go to solution Solved by SLAYR,
14 minutes ago, XxDestructorxX said:

i want to do different stuff on each of the 3 vm's and when i want to play or do something can i switch some how to 1 os or vm'

cause i have 3 monitors and want to make it into one desktop experience instead of having 3 completely different vm'si

Add another hdd with windows on it, and then when you restart the computer choose to boot from whatever drive you want, you don't need to reinstall anything.

Hey guys i was wondering if there is a way to revert the UnRaid Back to windows 10 on the pc from 3 vm's to 1 operating system???

11 minutes ago, XxDestructorxX said:

Hey guys i was wondering if there is a way to revert the UnRaid Back to windows 10 on the pc from 3 vm's to 1 operating system???

The only way to "revert" back to Windows 10 as the host operating system instead of the UnRaid hypervisor is to do a clean install. You can't take a guest OS and make it the host OS as far as I'm aware.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

The only way to "revert" back to Windows 10 as the host operating system instead of the UnRaid hypervisor is to do a clean install. You can't take a guest OS and make it the host OS as far as I'm aware.

does that mean i have to reinstall unraid each time?

i want to do different stuff on each of the 3 vm's and when i want to play or do something can i switch some how to 1 os or vm'

cause i have 3 monitors and want to make it into one desktop experience instead of having 3 completely different vm'si

1 minute ago, XxDestructorxX said:

does that mean i have to reinstall unraid each time?

That means you have to decide if you want to use virtualization or not basically.

If you want to just run straight Windows 10 then you'll need to do a clean install.

If you want to run Windows 10 in a VM on Unraid then you can run other guest OS's along side of it.

14 minutes ago, XxDestructorxX said:

Add another hdd with windows on it, and then when you restart the computer choose to boot from whatever drive you want, you don't need to reinstall anything.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

12 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

That means you have to decide if you want to use virtualization or not basically.

If you want to just run straight Windows 10 then you'll need to do a clean install.

If you want to run Windows 10 in a VM on Unraid then you can run other guest OS's along side of it.

Is there a way to use the unraid hypervisor in a way that the guest os can run on all three monitors??

Just now, XxDestructorxX said:

like nvidia surround or amd eyefinity?? like extended 

If the monitors are on seperate gpus this isn't possible to combine them into one which nvidia surround and amd eyefinity do, they will need to be on the same gpu.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •