School project

I have got a water loop for my cpu for about 50 euros.

i found pentium d 945 but waht king mobo do i need to overclock it?

i need this to work for 30 minutes and it will be fine aslong i can run cinabench and 3Dmark 2 times it is good.

Well i am pretty sure you can find those informations on Google. And maybe that processor is not even oc-able xD

Just now, frozeNNN said:

Well i am pretty sure you can find those informations on Google. And maybe that processor is not even oc-able xD

To include manufacturers didn't add OC support for non k series until recently. 

The p45 motherboards (p5q, etc.) are overlookable, you'll have to buy used, and I'm not sure if pentiums will work.

5 minutes ago, CookieMaster said:

You do realize that the chip in particular is 11 years old, and way before any z, or k anything.

5 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

i found some ppl getting it to 4.5ghz

If you only have a cheap loop that pentium will run really hot , and may not be able to keep up.

It should be able to OC on any non oem lga 775 board.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

thanks for the answer, i mean i always have ice cube in my fridge

I'm prettier sure the D was the hottest CPU ever manufactured

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SLAYR said:

You do realize that the chip in particular is 12 years old, and way before any z, or k anything.

If you only have a cheap loop that pentium will run really hot , and may not be able to keep up.

It should be able to OC on any non oem lga 775 board.

If I'm looking at the right cpu its only 6 years old 

Just now, CookieMaster said:

If I'm looking at the right cpu its only 6 years old 

http://ark.intel.com/m/products/27520/Intel-Pentium-D-Processor-945-4M-Cache-3_40-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I'm prettier sure the D was the hottest CPU ever manufactured

Go look up the fx 9590, 220W tdp cpu.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Hottest. FX-9590s have some of the highest TDPs, but can run relatively cool for what it is.

Pentium Ds in general are very bitchy and do run hot.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Go look up the fx 9590, 220W tdp cpu.

corrected

*in its time the D was the hottest

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, CookieMaster said:

Back then it wasn't as much about K vs non-K and OC support vs no OC support. Overclocking simply wasn't officially supported. We pushed all CPUs and killed a lot of them in the process. Rumormills spat out insider info about specially clockable steppings and people imported and pre-overclocked them in bulk. 

OP, you should  look into boards with Intel P45. Something along the lines of Asus P5Q Deluxe if you can find one. Don't skimp on the RAM either. It used to make a real difference in OC. And don't overlook broken boards. The caps are gonna be bulging in a board this old so you're going to have to solder new ones on.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hottest. FX-9590s have some of the highest TDPs, but can run relatively cool for what it is.

Pentium Ds in general are very bitchy and do run hot.

Yea they didn't have the same power saving and frequency adjusting features as a modern CPU. I remember them as always blowing hot air, my FX in comparison runs quiet at idle

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, Naeaes said:

Back then it wasn't as much about K vs non-K and OC support vs no OC support. Overclocking simply wasn't officially supported. We pushed all CPUs and killed a lot of them in the process. Rumormills spat out insider info about specially clockable steppings and people imported and pre-overclocked them in bulk. 

OP, you should  look into boards with Intel P45. Something along the lines of Asus P5Q Deluxe if you can find one. Don't skimp on the RAM either. It used to make a real difference in OC. And don't overlook broken boards. The caps are gonna be bulging in a board this old so you're going to have to solder new ones on.

Read my comment above also, made a mistake thinking the cpu was 6 years old and not 10