Need custom cable advice.

I tore my old system apart yesterday to clean out all out the dust balls. I though maybe my 5 year old H60 was end of life as well.  Long story short and a $300 trip to Microcenter later, I have a new H100i V2 and a NZXT H440.

Now I have a finishing touch problem.  The old cabling for my PSU is red and black and it doesn't go with the new white case.  The MB always had the blue on it but it was covered up by poor wire management in the old system.   

So I have a Semi modular EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B.  I know I am going to have to do some custom sleeving with the 24 pin but I have plenty of leads on the PSU for Extra Video card leads and CUP 8 Pin leads.

Question

What is everyone thoughts about buying a cable set just to disassemble for the presleeved cables and swap out the cables one by one?    

https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-modflex-sleeved-wires-black-16-inch-4-pack/ 

This product on the cablemod site made me think of it.  I can seem to buy them anywhere.  

IMG_0932.JPG

3 minutes ago, djmoney said:

I tore my old system apart yesterday to clean out all out the dust balls. I though maybe my 5 year old H60 was end of life as well.  Long story short and a $300 trip to Microcenter later, I have a new H100i V2 and a NZXT H440.

Now I have a finishing touch problem.  The old cabling for my PSU is red and black and it doesn't go with the new white case.  The MB always had the blue on it but it was covered up by poor wire management in the old system.   

So I have a Semi modular EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B.  I know I am going to have to do some custom sleeving with the 24 pin but I have plenty of leads on the PSU for Extra Video card leads and CUP 8 Pin leads.

Question

What is everyone thoughts about buying a cable set just to disassemble for the presleeved cables and swap out the cables one by one?    

https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-modflex-sleeved-wires-black-16-inch-4-pack/ 

This product on the cablemod site made me think of it.  I can seem to buy them anywhere.  

IMG_0932.JPG

if you have time - spray paint them or just go to cable mods and buy a basic cable kit for ur psu - its about 30 dollars and has the the visible cables (psu and mobo cables) sleeved

I did my calling with Para cord (550 cord). It's a little trick because of the pins, but doable. I have to finish my GPU cables.

tmp_19407-20160824_135855-717472707.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

very Nice guys I ended up doing some custom sleveing with 550 paracord.  I will post pictures when it is complete.  

3 hours ago, djmoney said:

very Nice guys I ended up doing some custom sleveing with 550 paracord.  I will post pictures when it is complete.  

I look forward to seeing how you did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some shots of the sleeving I did. I have a simi modular PSU. On the main 24 pin I sleeve most of the way back. On one of my vga cables it had the little loop I cut that off but the pin were too thick to handle the sleeving so it only got sleeved most of the way. That one I didn't measure and just slapped on the sleeves. With the 24 pin I cut them the same length. What I learned  for the 24 pin vary you sleeve length. the sleeving and heat shrink add a lot of bulk. Made it a bit hard to close my case. If you are going to go as far as buying a chimp tool and pins just don't. Buy a new PSU and cable mod set. You will probably spend about the same. Unless you plan on sleeving many systems 

IMG_1138.JPG

Here are some shots of the back cabling went well until I got to the sata data cables. Something odd I did. I needed 3 USB headers for my front panel, h100i, and commander mini. I only have 2 headers on the new mobo. But I noticed both had a bank empty. So I combined the plugs. 

You can can see by the SSDs I still have some "mustard & ketchup". 8 have 2 extensions coming that can be taken apart at both ends. I will sleeve them when they get here from China. It's really  hard to fine sata power that are not molded ends. 

IMG_1137.JPGIMG_1136.JPG

So new mobo RAM and CPU. 

corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz 16x2 

asus z170 pro gaming aura 

ohh and the corsair commander mini is new too. It's controlling the LEDs and the fans. So only the pump is plugged in to the mobo. 

IMG_1126.JPGIMG_1125.JPGIMG_1124.JPGIMG_1122.JPG

So here is the final build. I have not been able to over clock it at this time. I had a hard drive fail and have been preoccupied with recovery the photos of my baby girl. 

I cant wait to play around with the 3D printing parts that are modeled for this mother board. 

Very nice job! That looks great! Very impressed! Sorry to hear about the drive crash, good luck on the recovery!

On 12/11/2016 at 10:59 AM, Ryujin2003 said:

Very nice job! That looks great! Very impressed! Sorry to hear about the drive crash, good luck on the recovery!

Thank you

Backblaze to the rescue.