Web Browsing Performance

Go to solution Solved by RollinLower,
1 minute ago, schnitzer said:

I am looking to purchase a new laptop and wanted some help on figuring out what specs I should be looking at or considering for best web browsing performance.  I typically have many web windows open at once for long time periods for web browsing and I am not a gamer.  I know cpu speed, cache, # of cores, play a big role but I wondering what other specifications are relevant?

mostly RAM for multiple windows. especially in Google Chrome, you would like a good amount of RAM. i'd bet on 8GB to be well in the clear, or atleast anything above 6GB really.

I am looking to purchase a new laptop and wanted some help on figuring out what specs I should be looking at or considering for best web browsing performance.  I typically have many web windows open at once for long time periods for web browsing and I am not a gamer.  I know cpu speed, cache, # of cores, play a big role but I wondering what other specifications are relevant?

10 - 20 tabs of chrome running at once will be fine on an i5 and 8gb of ram - but it will be very very slow - i recommend at least 12 or 16 and an i5 - but if you won't be doing much other than watching videos and going on websites - then an i3 is enough

mostly RAM for multiple windows. especially in Google Chrome, you would like a good amount of RAM. i'd bet on 8GB to be well in the clear, or atleast anything above 6GB really.

For web browsing and basic tasks a ssd will probably make the most noticable difference. Assuming you have a somewhat usable cpu as well.