Upgrade from FX 6300 and cheap gigabyte mobo

Pretty much what the title says , I would rather have Intel over amd, I was in a tight budget at the time . I have around $270 to spend . I need both a processor and a mobo and am willing to go used if it makes a difference. The board must be matx, if that can't happen then I'll buy another case but I'll have a shorter range of processors and mobos to chose from. Any ideas ?  Thanks ! 

8 minutes ago, Jacklando said:

Pretty much what the title says , I would rather have Intel over amd, I was in a tight budget at the time . I have around $270 to spend . I need both a processor and a mobo and am willing to go used if it makes a difference. The board must be matx, if that can't happen then I'll buy another case but I'll have a shorter range of processors and mobos to chose from. Any ideas ?  Thanks ! 

What's your budget now, and what can't you run on your current setup that you'd like to be able to?

I am doing the same :) I am going with an ASUS z170 S and a 6700K, but that is out of your budget, so I would go with something like the 4590 for around $160 and something with an H81 chipset. Many options out there. My recommendation is this one. Obviously depending on what you want to do with the machine.

Please quote me if you are replying so that I get a notification. Also, mark my answer as "correct" if I've answered your question :)

6 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

What's your budget now, and what can't you run on your current setup that you'd like to be able to?

My budget is $270ish and I would like to run Bf1 and H1z1 and stuff like that 

7 minutes ago, nsinnott said:

I am doing the same :) I am going with an ASUS z170 S and a 6700K, but that is out of your budget, so I would go with something like the 4590 for around $160 and something with an H81 chipset. Many options out there. My recommendation is this one. Obviously depending on what you want to do with the machine.

Thanks for the recommendation , I'll look into it 

2 hours ago, nsinnott said:

How much  of a performance increase should I expect ? 

39 minutes ago, Jacklando said:

How much  of a performance increase should I expect ? 

From a 6300 to a 6700k? HUGE. The single core performance is amazing (that's gaming) and the multi core score is pretty good for a quad core (Video editing, photoshop, etc)

Please quote me if you are replying so that I get a notification. Also, mark my answer as "correct" if I've answered your question :)

2 hours ago, nsinnott said:

From a 6300 to a 6700k? HUGE. The single core performance is amazing (that's gaming) and the multi core score is pretty good for a quad core (Video editing, photoshop, etc)

I meant the i5 4950 lol 

still way better i used to use a FX 6350 overclocked to 4.8 and now im using a 3570k at stock and i can tell the difference in everything i do especially gaming.

IM also upgrading from a 6300 fx but I'm considering a 5820k and an MSI X99A SLI plus and Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4) DDR 4 2400 ram... my current power supply is a 695 watt.. my GPU is a msi gtx 960 4 GB and I have 2 crucial MX200 250gb ssd and a WD red 3 TB for data and a Corsair H80i V2 cpu cooler..

Will this upgrade be worth it for gaming and content creation?

22 hours ago, Jacklando said:

I meant the i5 4950 lol 

Sorry about that. Got a little caught up in myself :P The performance increase will be very noticeable. They are in 2 different leagues in terms of CPUs.

On 11/4/2016 at 5:56 PM, Jacklando said:

For that price, you can easily grab an i5 6500 and an mATX board, or a 4690k and a z97 board. ?

*_*_*_*_*_*_*Personal Rig*_*_*_*_*_*_*

CPU: Core i7 7700k @ 5.1 GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SSC ACX 3.0

MOBO: ASROCK Z270 Killer SLI/AC

RAM: 16 GB HyperX Fury

COOLER: NZXT Kraken X52

CASE: NZXT S340 Elite

STORAGE:  500GB NVME Samsung 960 Pro

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

4TB Seagate Barracuda (7200 RPM)

10 hours ago, Ryo1220 said:

do you want overclocking wayne