Why do some people insist that 4GB is still enough for gaming?

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:43 AM, 2Buck said:

Something driving me nuts, I see so many people saying that 8GB is not necessary and 4GB is enough, sometimes even "more than enough".

They ignore that lots of modern games stutter with 4GB. Yeah, you can get away with 4GB with some titles, but a lot of them need 8GB nowadays so why bottleneck your system when memory is so cheap??? A 8GB RAM stick is like 10$ more than a 4GB stick, so why even consider that?...

By the way, most people I see saying this are on Youtube comments, so it shouldn't really be surprising. I doubt anyone on this forum would be that dumb.

Example:

Budget and Still playable in some Games. cant say all games but some games still will be playable.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

4 hours ago, Carclis said:

If you don't have the money then cut back elsewhere. RAM is something that should never be skimped on because it can lead to an unbearable experience. In todays games 4 or 8 GB can mean the difference between a sometimes 60fps with frequent 5fps drops and just a constant 60fps.

2Buck saying that someone who has a $350 budget can afford to spend $10 more means that people should have the common sense and foresight to budget for a build that actually functions for it's intended purpose.

I agree... as a famous quote goes: "Much good work was lost for the lack of a little more". There's no point in spending 350 and skimp on the 10 bucks for a proper amount of RAM. It's like buying a racing bicycle with wooden tires. You're simply wasting your money and giving yourself extremely poor value for your investment. You're better off simply postponing the investment, or doing what ever possible to get the extra money, or save elsewhere.