Running out of USB bandwidth.

Skeet

So, I have an Acer Predator system. i5 4590, 12GB, GTX 980, 250GB SSD, 1TB SSHD. All is good with it until I go to play with the Vive and steering wheel. I have to unplug everything USB except the Keyboard and Mouse otherwise I get a USB bandwidth exceeded error.

I Have pugged in:

Avermedia U3 (USB 3.0)

Roccat Ryos MK FX (2x USB 2.0)

Roccat Kone XTD (USB 2.0)

Roccat Kave 5.1 digital (USB 2.0)

Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter (USB 2.0)

HTC Vive (USB 3.0)

Thrustmaster TX (USB 2.0)

Thrustmaster TH8A (USB 2.0)

So basically it's just the headset and the Avermedia U3 that I have to unplug in order to play Vive, though I did have a Webcam and USB 3 HDD plugged in too. Everything would work great until I plugged in the vive, then I'd have to unplug everything except the wheel, shifter, M&K and the Vive. Not Ideal since my tower isn't exactly easily accessable. And when the wheel and shifter are plugged in, the Vive "wands" don't work on the VR dash, neither does the wheel, so you need a pad plugged in just to be able to reset the seated position every so often.

My question is, will adding an internal PCI USB card increase that USB bandwidth, or is it limited by the processor itself?

I think you should be fine with a PCI or PCIe USB adapter. It will be cheaper to try it than upgrading your motherboard and CPU

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_