CPU Suggestion

Hello i need a cheap CPU that will not bottleneck with my GTX 1070 Strix. Because im planning to get a Kabylake CPU when it release, The CPU has to fit in LGA1151 socket so that i dont need to change the MOBO later when i updrage! 

g4400 or i3 6100 if looking for a placeholder.

g4400 is 60

i3 6100 is 110-ish...

Both are pretty stout and you can find reviews of them for gaming all over the place.

Now as far as bottle necking the 1070, well there is nothing "cheap' that will do that, unless you do like Silent_armor suggested, but a 6600K is 240.  Maybe the nonk i5?  It's about 200.

all prices USD.

Depends on what you call CHEAP...

I agree with @TheGlenlivet, any cheap cpu will bottleneck the 1070. But a g4400 will work well as a placeholder.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't worry about 'bottlenecks' because you will always have them. Your games will still run fine. All you can say is that you might not get 100% of your potential. Since you mention you are already on 1151 I asume you are on a I3 that will still be ok.

Anyway you can always consider a step like a i5 or i7 where obviously the 7700K will be the best gaming chip out there.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

flawed requirements youre asking for

cant have a cheap CPU and expect it to not bottleneck
all intel i5's are pricey
jsut get an i3, you can still get 60fps at 1080p with i3 and 1070

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Do you already have the 1070? Because if not then just step down to a 1060 or 480 and getting a stronger CPU.

You kinda missed the point of his post.

Though question. Anything below an i5-6400 will probably bottleneck, it depends on how much you want to spend in a "placeholder". My guess is you should invest in the 6600k, good cooling and a good MOBO for overclocking. It will hold the 1070 pretty well!

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Do you already have the 1070? Because if not then just step down to a 1060 or 480 and getting a stronger CPU.

You didn't read the post. He has the 1070 and needs a placeholder until he can get a Kabylake CPU.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

Just now, Sreno1 said:

You didn't read the post. He has the 1070 and needs a placeholder until he can get a Kabylake CPU.

I'm tired. I'm going to leave now.

I would recommend an i3-6100 as it is a capable CPU for gaming and can be used for a budget build or sold.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

Unless you're playing a CPU intensive game like GTA V or ARMA III, you'll get a very negligible bottleneck, if any at all.  Even in CPU heavy games, the bottleneck isn't going to ruin your gaming experience.  A dual core with good single core performance and hyper threading will do just fine.

Honestly, just go skylake. There is always a slightly better cpu around corner. skylake is amazing as is and kaby wont be that much better.