How do I remove the FPS locker?

Mrchaserx

Hey guys, does anyone know how to remove that fps locker? My fps is stuck on 60 on multiple games. I tried games like chivarly, planet side and few others. And everytime my fps is right on 60. What do I need to do to get higher fps? Btw my graphic card is Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060.

It is 60, but either way I want to know how to do it. And I tried turning off v-sync. Still stuck at 60.

Turn off v-sync and restart the game

EDIT: also check your nvidia drivers it could be some option there that is locking your fps

Just now, Mrchaserx said:

It is 60, but either way I want to know how to do it. And I tried turning off v-sync. Still stuck at 60.

than you have no reason to do so

to game or not to game, that`s the question

1 minute ago, frozeNNN said:

Turn off v-sync and restart the game

I tried that too. Didn't work.

The reason i can think of why he would like to see more then 60 fps is to benchmark or simply see how much his pc can push to impress friends ect.

Gaming PC:

NZXT H440 Asus Z170-A 4X8GB Corsair LPX RAM 3200MHz Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition Corsair H100i v2 Samsung 750 EVO 120GB WD Blue 1TB HDD WD Blue 580GB HDD NZXT Hue+ BitFenix white cable extensions EVGA 750w Fully modular PSU

59 minutes ago, Mrchaserx said:

Maybe your rig is able to max the game up to 60 fps? Maybe the game is capped?

1 hour ago, Mrchaserx said:

open nVidia control panel and make sure you don't have forced V-Sync

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

42 minutes ago, DXMember said:

open nVidia control panel and make sure you don't have forced V-Sync

It says: Vertical Snyc- Use the 3D application setting. Should I put it on off or keep it on that, or should i put it on adaptive? http://i.imgur.com/lSIiUQp.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Mrchaserx said:

It says: Vertical Snyc- Use the 3D application setting. Should I put it on off or keep it on that, or should i put it on adaptive? http://i.imgur.com/lSIiUQp.jpg?1

Set it to off

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I don't know about the others but Chivalry has an fps lock that you can change with a registry file in the game folder, I don't remember how I did it so look it up 

39 minutes ago, Moorbs said:

I don't know about the others but Chivalry has an fps lock that you can change with a registry file in the game folder, I don't remember how I did it so look it up 

True that. I found it on google and now its running on 120 avg. Same goes on planet side. It seems that everything is ok on my graphic settings. There is no FPS locker for games, it seems so.