Need ideas for Pi Zero

Cryosec

I have a Pi Zero and a 3.5'' TFT screen. I've been playing around with different OSs for some time but now I'm bored. I need ideas for a small DIY project, something to leave on my desk(I already have a USB hub for power and a couple adapters if needed) but still useful. Sooooo, anyone got suggestions? :D 

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

Make something fun, with a button or two, you could make it play snake though i know the pi zero is limited in terms of connectivity. Maybe set it up as a daily to do list.

5 minutes ago, SidneySmith said:

Make something fun, with a button or two, you could make it play snake though i know the pi zero is limited in terms of connectivity. Maybe set it up as a daily to do list.

I was looking for something more complicated. I do have what it needs for wifi and more usb ports

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Nice idea, but I'm already fitted with my NetHunter device :D 

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Maybe make it look online and update a weather time and date screen, as well as current news headlines

Just now, SidneySmith said:

Maybe make it look online and update a weather time and date screen, as well as current news headlines

this sounds interesting, I'll see what I can find code-wise and maybe adapt it. Thanks! I'll stack more ideas for the future (I get bored easily) if anyone else has them

I know some people have done Raspberry Pi wall calendars that integrate with Google Calendar, maybe you could make a miniature version that only shows todays/this weeks events (though the usability of this may depend on how heavily you use google calendar)?

I have also always wanted a device that draws notifications from multiple sources (email, social media, ect), and displays them on a small display. Maybe something like that could work for you as well?

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

11 minutes ago, WEEEEEE said:

I know some people have done Raspberry Pi wall calendars that integrate with Google Calendar, maybe you could make a miniature version that only shows todays/this weeks events (though the usability of this may depend on how heavily you use google calendar)?

I have also always wanted a device that draws notifications from multiple sources (email, social media, ect), and displays them on a small display. Maybe something like that could work for you as well?

I don't use google calendar. actually I don't even keep track of events, I rely on people reminding me as I forget a lot of stuff ahah :D 

The second option sounds good, but I don't know how I could do that.