Using my Lenovo Convertible as 4th Monitor and Touchscreen input for my Win7 Desktop

Alrie

Hey there,

I'm new here, so sorry if this is the wrong sub forum or this question was already posted or anything, i tried my best to make sure that this is not the case :)

I'm having a 3 Monitor Setup for my Desktop Computer running Win7 (GTX 970, i7 6700k, 16GB DDR4). Since i do music production with FL Studio with this computer, i thought about using my Lenovo convertible (running win10) as 4th monitor aswell as as a touchscreen input so i can put the mixing console of FL on the laptop and mix by hand. So i would need to somehow output a 4th monitor signal from my desktop to the laptop and make the laptop OS show the signal and route the touchscreen input signal from the convertible back into my desktop which would somehow need to be able to do something with that.

Is this even possible? If so, does anyone have an idea how to?

Thanks a 1000 times in advance!

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Alrie said:

Is this even possible? If yes, does anyone have an idea how to?

Not sure if this will work for your exact situation but give it a look :)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-laptop-like-external-monitor/

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

thanks for the replies, though it's not what i wanted to hear :/ unfortunately, synergy will not help since the stuff thats shown on the laptop is not supposed to run on the laptop, i just want to use the laptop's ability of showing stuff on a screen and recognising when i touch it for my desktop computer. if anybody still has an idea, i'd be glad to hear it!