What graphics card

Jamesxx

Hi guys I am in the market and I am building a pc and I need a graphics card. I have a i7 6700k and my monitor is going to be a benq 144hz 1ms response time monitor. The i7 of for photo editing. I only want a nividia card sorry amd folks. I am mainly going to be playing cs go and over watch which nividia card would be best!!!

The GTX 1070 would be ideal.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, Jamesxx said:

Hi guys I am in the market and I am building a pc and I need a graphics card. I have a i7 6700k and my monitor is going to be a benq 144hz 1ms response time monitor. The i7 of for photo editing. I only want a nividia card sorry amd folks. I am mainly going to be playing cs go and over watch which nividia card would be best!!!

What resolution? If 1080p, then the 1060 should more than cover it. If 1440p,1070. If 4K, forget it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

The GTX 1070 would be ideal.

Yeah I was debating over the 1070 or the 1060 6gb would the 1060 be able to hold144hz and 1ms

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

What resolution? If 1080p, then the 1060 should more than cover it. If 1440p,1070. If 4K, forget it.

Yeah it is 1080p but can it handle 144hz and 1 ms

I would go for a 1070 or a 1080 if you can afford the extra bucks.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Yeah it is 1080p but can it handle 144hz and 1 ms

The 1ms response time deals with the monitor exclusively. The card will not be able to push 144FPS in all titles, but it should be able to get close to that in many titles. The normal desktop environment can run at 144Hz.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The 1ms response time deals with the monitor exclusively. The card will not be able to push 144FPS in all titles, but it should be able to get close to that in many titles. The normal desktop environment can run at 144Hz.

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

I would go for a 1070 or a 1080 if you can afford the extra bucks.

Bro remember I am playing cs go and over watch I really doubt I need a 1080 lol

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Cs go would be fine right 

Just now, Jamesxx said:

Bro remember I am playing cs go and over watch I really doubt I need a 1080 lol

Yeah, for overwatch the 1070 will be more then enough!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Jamesxx said:

Cs go would be fine right 

Yup.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah I was debating over the 1070 or the 1060 6gb would the 1060 be able to hold144hz and 1ms

Even the GTX 1070 can't maintain a steady 144FPS for all titles with max settings... for those high framerates, I'd be looking at something with a bit more oomph than the GTX 1060 6GB, ergo the GTX 1070.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Even the GTX 1070 can't maintain a steady 144FPS for all titles with max settings... for those high framerates, I'd be looking at something with a bit more oomph than the GTX 1060 6GB, ergo the GTX 1070.

Alright see the thing is I am mainly gonna be playing cs go and over watch can a 1060 handle that because I don't want to spend a extra 100 dollars on nothing 

Just now, Jamesxx said:

Alright see the thing is I am mainly gonna be playing cs go and over watch can a 1060 handle that because I don't want to spend a extra 100 dollars on nothing 

The GTX 1060 would be enough for those games at max settings. For anything else that requires a bit more GPU horsepower... it'd be difficult achieving 144FPS.

Spoiler

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

The GTX 1060 would be enough for those games at max settings. For anything else that requires a bit more GPU horsepower... it'd be difficult achieving 144FPS.

Okay let's say I wanted to play another game like doom even if I disnt get 144 for would it still look good 

Just now, Jamesxx said:

Okay let's say I wanted to play another game like doom even if I disnt get 144 for would it still look good 

You'd be pushing well over 60FPS so I'd say it'll look good.

Spoiler

1060 is all you need. A lot of people on this forum don't seem to understand that competitive gamers don't care about running games on ultra. I get 250 fps on my 480 and 390. You'll be fine with a 1060

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

1060 is all you need. A lot of people on this forum don't seem to understand that competitive gamers don't care about running games on ultra. I get 250 fps on my 480 and 390. You'll be fine with a 1060

Yeah thanks I am smfc on a freaking mac anything will look good trying to push it to GE :)