Extremely low FPS CS:GO!

xfreddy

Hey, I currently own a PC with an i7-3770k paired with two GTX 980's in SLI. When I am playing CS:GO i barely get 200 fps, and sometimes it drops to around 100. I get more FPS in BF4 2560x1440 at Ultra than what I get in CS:GO so something has to be wrong. Can anyone help?

Also worth noticing that on my old PC that had an i5 4690k and two 970s in SLI got a constant 500+ FPS

Put your graphics settings to low. You won't notice the difference anyways.

Just now, HoiDaniel said:

Put your graphics settings to low. You won't notice the difference anyways.

Doesnt do shit, already tried.

Just now, xfreddy said:

Doesnt do shit, already tried.

Have you tried to force an x- amount of threads to run CSGO? Put '-threads 8' in the launch-command of csgo to force CS to utilize 8 cores.

My processor only has 4 cores though? I have heard of hyperthreading but dont really know what it does

Just now, HoiDaniel said:

Have you tried to force an x- amount of threads to run CSGO? Put '-threads 8' in the launch-command of csgo to force CS to utilize 8 cores.

CS:GO doesn't support SLi. 

And you're using a higher res too. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, xfreddy said:

My processor only has 4 cores though? I have heard of hyperthreading but dont really know what it does

Your i7 has 8 threads, 4 physical core and 4 virtual ones.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The i7 lineup has hyperthreading; a way that 4 physical cores can behave as 8 logical cores. In practice it means that your CPU can handle tasks more efficient, thus giving better results in CPU-intensive programs like rendering OR CSGO :) you can put 8 threads as your i7 has hyperthreading enabled by default.

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

CS:GO doesn't support SLi. 

And you're using a higher res too. 

Well, played same res on my old pc and there I got 500+?

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Your i7 has 8 threads, 4 physical core and 4 virtual ones.

So, using all threads will boost my fps?

Just now, xfreddy said:

So, using all threads will boost my fps?

Since I have never played around with CS GO, I don't know.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, xfreddy said:

Well, played same res on my old pc and there I got 500+?

hmm, weird. Probably a CS:GO thing. 

Could be different drivers too. Especially pre pascal drivers. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

hmm, weird. Probably a CS:GO thing. 

Could be different drivers too. Especially pre pascal drivers. 

Is it worth a shot downgrading to older drivers?

4 minutes ago, xfreddy said:

Is it worth a shot downgrading to older drivers?

If you did gain frames would it be a downgrade though? 

Usually i just install the driver that works well with the latest game i have or is properly stable. Since my latest game is Forza Horizon 3, i'll keep the 372.90 driver for a while. 

Disable Windows DVR, put -high in launch options. There is absolutely no need to put the thread launch option at all.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650