Australian ADSL2+

Serbian_Souljah

Who else in australia has really low speeds at night? I get stuck with this every night, Can't play online, Can't Download anything. I want to change from dodo to someone else but i'm unsure as to if it will fix the problem or not.

I'd be calling up Dodo - you shouldn't have that shit in Melbourne. 

I'd be calling up Dodo - you shouldn't have that shit in Melbourne. 

I have called them numerous times, they just brush it off as congestion. That's why i'm wondering if changing providers will help, I have no Cable connections available in my area.

I have called them numerous times, they just brush it off as congestion. That's why i'm wondering if changing providers will help, I have no Cable connections available in my area.

Go to Telstra I reckon - at least it'll work

those are really some very low speeds! How much do get in days though?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

those are really some very low speeds! How much do get in days though?

In the morning @ 7am it's ok i get about 5mbps (megabits) and then after about 4pm it goes downhill very fast.

Mean while in Sydney

3051645338.png

This is with someone streaming TV from the web and me playing some League of Legends. 

Your best bet is probably to change ISPs. Personally I would go either Telstra or Optus - I have a friend who's with iiNet and he's had good luck with them. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Yep, i get around the same from 6pm onwards.

Adelaide although.

I'm roughly 3500m's from the nearest exchange which is constantly congested, Telstra has no plans to upgrade due to the NBN rollout occurring within AU.

Sadly changing ISP's won't be enough, as all ISP's will run off Telstra exchanges.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

why dont people go cable? my friend has it and hes getting up too 100mb/s down and 2mb/s up, and cable is the same price as adsl well on telstra

why dont people go cable? my friend has it and hes getting up too 100mb/s down and 2mb/s up, and cable is the same price as adsl well on telstra

it's not available in some areas otherwise i would jump on it in a second

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Let's just pray Abbott's shitty NBN plan rolls out quickly.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Not available in my area, It sucks.

Let's just pray Abbott's shitty NBN plan rolls out quickly.

quicker than labors would have anyways

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

it's not available in some areas otherwise i would jump on it in a second

i thought it was, im sure you can get it anywhere just about.. but i could be wrong

i thought it was, im sure you can get it anywhere just about.. but i could be wrong

if you have foxtel cable access you can but in areas like mine where foxtel is satellite you cant :( makes me sad :( 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

if you have foxtel cable access you can but in areas like mine where foxtel is satellite you cant :( makes me sad :(

oh that makes sense i forgot foxtel can be with satellite... i might be swapping to cable soon, any idea of the pros and cons? pros fast speed, cons can slow down when more people using, but thats all i really know...

oh that makes sense i forgot foxtel can be with satellite... i might be swapping to cable soon, any idea of the pros and cons? pros fast speed, cons can slow down when more people using, but thats all i really know...

yeh the pros i have heard of are obviously faster speeds, distance from exchange is not an issue but the cons are traffic as the cable is being shared. 

Just did one and was surprised cause ours was terrible. At the moment we get 70ms, and 7.57mbps down and .43mbps up.

Over the last 10 months the internet kept getting worse during peak times where youtube won't load vids :(

Apparently it is getting fixed soon or has already by the looks of my ping :)

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

yeh the pros i have heard of are obviously faster speeds, distance from exchange is not an issue but the cons are traffic as the cable is being shared. 

i heard less drop outs too, but im not sure about that, i think the slowest cable will go is 2mb/s

i heard less drop outs too, but im not sure about that, i think the slowest cable will go is 2mb/s

one of my friends was getting 0.5mbs on cable until telstra fixed it ahah now he is up around the 70's