Best monitor to pair with GTX 1070

dmoney1942

Planning on buying a GTX 1070 for my next build and wanted a good 24"+ monitor that will pair nicely with it. I had a TN ASUS monitor in the past and while it was good the colors was lacking so I would like to go IPS for this monitor. As for the resolution, I am still torn between 1440p and 1080p. Also I still do not know if 144Hz is worth the investment over 60Hz. My budget is 300 dollars US. Looking for brands that are known for longevity since I dont upgrade but every 5+ years. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, dmoney1942 said:

Planning on buying a GTX 1070 for my next build and wanted a good 24"+ monitor that will pair nicely with it. I had a TN ASUS monitor in the past and while it was good the colors was lacking so I would like to go IPS for this monitor. As for the resolution, I am still torn between 1440p and 1080p. Also I still do not know if 144Hz is worth the investment over 60Hz. My budget is 300 dollars US. Looking for brands that are known for longevity since I dont upgrade but every 5+ years. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks 

definetly go 1440p, your wasting the potential of the 1070 with 1080p maybe go for the asus pb278q i think it is ? ips panel 27 inch with 5 ms response

https://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-PB278Q-27-Inch-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Ahh thats more my price range. After searching newegg for a while it seems that I either have to sacrifice 144hz or 1440p in order to keep that price range. 

Just now, dmoney1942 said:

Ahh thats more my price range. After searching newegg for a while it seems that I either have to sacrifice 144hz or 1440p in order to keep that price range. 

I personally pick resolution since I play more slow paced games but if you like mainly shooters you might want to consider 144hz.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

I personally pick resolution since I play more slow paced games but if you like mainly shooters you might want to consider 144hz.

In this order is what i usually play FPS -> Racing -> RTS -> Puzzle. I hoping to get both 1440p and 144hz in the same monitor for that price but that be one heck of a deal 

Also I noticed most monitors is Free Sync. Is there any G-Sync monitors out there in this price range because I have nVidia