Packet loss, erratic ping

KE2012

Hey,

When gaming on games like BF4 I almost constantly get the warning signs complaining of packet loss and high latency, (Ping can erratically shoot up into 600ms from high 40 - low 50) what can I do to solve this? I've got my PC connected via powerline (it's less than 5m from the router, with a ping of 3ms) and I am using a rather high-end device as a router, a Netgear Nighthawk R7000. Are these problems something I can solve on my end or do I need to get in touch with my isp? 

(Steps taken sofar)

Disabled Qos

Not playing on VPN (Rarely do this to start with)

No other network traffic

Tried ethernet and wireless

Current network speeds, 25 down, 1mbs up

Cheers for reading and a massive thanks to any who respond! 

Just now, potatoproduction said:

Its probably an isp issue

Is your internet slow/glitchy when your not gaming?

It can be a bit sluggish at times, called once about that and they said it was nothing on their end before briefly hanging up. 

Sometimes the powerline adapters that I use will like stop working for some reason. Might just be with my model but try connecting your computer directly to the router via ethernet and see if that helps

Just now, SCGazelle said:

Sometimes the powerline adapters that I use will like stop working for some reason. Might just be with my model but try connecting your computer directly to the router via ethernet and see if that helps

I've tried that before I'm afraid, it does the same on wifi, ethernet and powerline. 

32 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

I've tried that before I'm afraid, it does the same on wifi, ethernet and powerline. 

then it is likely a router issue. If it one provided by your isp just say its broken and they will send you a new one.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

20 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

then it is likely a router issue. If it one provided by your isp just say its broken and they will send you a new one.

I've tried two routers, a crappy one from the providers and a Netgear NightHawk R7000, I doubt both are dodgy but may be worth a try. 

15 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

I've tried two routers, a crappy one from the providers and a Netgear NightHawk R7000, I doubt both are dodgy but may be worth a try. 

then I would get on to your isp. Don't ask if there is something wrong with your line. Say you're calling to report a fault with your line.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

30 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

then I would get on to your isp. Don't ask if there is something wrong with your line. Say you're calling to report a fault with your line.

Alrighty then, looks like that is what I'm going to have to do. Cheers for your time!