GIF's have black glitch-like areas on them

Go to solution Solved by Simon771,

Check if you find anything here.

I had to change motherboard + cpu + gpu before that problem went away.

I know it sounds stupid, but when I had that problem I reinstalled windows. Didn't help. I installed differend version of windows and also didn't help.

After I upgraded my PC, problem went away. So I'm still not sure what caused that bug and why is it happening to so many users, but I do hope someone will find solution to this that will work for everyone.

When I play a GIF file, it often starts with black dots/areas on it, and then slowly turns normal.

I have a GTX 1080, and I use Google Chrome as a browser.
My drivers are up to date, and it's a new issue.

I've tried to solve it by changing the "GPU rasterization MSAA sample count" to 16, which solved it for someone else, but it didn't work for me.

Examples of the black areas are attached below:

234234.png

werdfwer.png

5 minutes ago, Svubber said:

When I play a GIF file, it often starts with black dots/areas on it, and then slowly turns normal.

I have a GTX 1080, and I use Google Chrome as a browser.
My drivers are up to date, and it's a new issue.

I've tried to solve it by changing the "GPU rasterization MSAA sample count" to 16, which solved it for someone else, but it didn't work for me.

Examples of the black areas are attached below:

please try first on a different browser (internet explorer is very good despite what we bash against it) and post if it's good or not. If it is, it's probably chrome settings

I know it sounds stupid, but when I had that problem I reinstalled windows. Didn't help. I installed differend version of windows and also didn't help.

After I upgraded my PC, problem went away. So I'm still not sure what caused that bug and why is it happening to so many users, but I do hope someone will find solution to this that will work for everyone.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

30 minutes ago, belfouf said:

please try first on a different browser (internet explorer is very good despite what we bash against it) and post if it's good or not. If it is, it's probably chrome settings

It works fine in Internet Explorer - not going to use that though (nothing against it, I just prefer Chrome).

31 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

One of them had the answer. It worked to turn off hardware acceleration in Google Chrome. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Svubber said:

One of them had the answer. It worked to turn off hardware acceleration in Google Chrome. Thank you.

I'm glad that this solved your problem :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB