Streaming Music to Cable Box

Hey guys. I'm not sure if this question belongs on this sub forum, but here it goes. 

This winter, I am wanting to have the ability to stream Christmas music from my PC in my bedroom (the songs are on my YouTube account as a playlist) to the TV in the living room. However, I do not have a Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation, etc. What I would like to know is if there is some way I can stream the music from my PC to the cable box. I have thought about just downloading the music to a flash drive and plugging it into the TV (both the cable box and TV have USB ports). What I've also thought about doing is (finally) buying a Raspberry Pi and just streaming the music from that. Do you guys have any suggestions?

BTW: Yes, I know it's a bit early to start talking about Christmas music, but I wanted to make sure everything is ready for when that time comes.  :)

No none of that is possible except maybe the TV if it can decode mp3s and RasPi you can use XBMC.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I like the raspberry pi idea. 

I am thinking of getting one of those myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm not sure if this question belongs on this sub forum, but here it goes. 

This winter, I am wanting to have the ability to stream Christmas music from my PC in my bedroom (the songs are on my YouTube account as a playlist) to the TV in the living room. However, I do not have a Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation, etc. What I would like to know is if there is some way I can stream the music from my PC to the cable box. I have thought about just downloading the music to a flash drive and plugging it into the TV (both the cable box and TV have USB ports). What I've also thought about doing is (finally) buying a Raspberry Pi and just streaming the music from that. Do you guys have any suggestions?

BTW: Yes, I know it's a bit early to start talking about Christmas music, but I wanted to make sure everything is ready for when that time comes.  :)

I would suggest getting a ROKU 3 device. It has support for PlexApp (Very similar to XBMC as they are a fork of each other). The user interface would be better on the Roku as opposed to a Raspberry Pi device, though the Raspberry Pi is more customisable.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)